Perkins 1104c-44t

/ Perkins 1104c-44t #1  

Southern Forestry

Tractor
ASV RC-100
Need some advice, guys.
I got an ASV RC-100 skid steer with a Perkins 1104c-44t engine.

The other day all the sudden it started white smoking really bad (you can smell the fuel), idling rough and eventually die and it is building pressure in the fuel tank to where you loosen the cap and air "gushes" out. I have taken the injectors out and had them checked and they are fine, all the filters are new (less than 10 hrs). What else should I look at? any advice is appreciated.

Thanks Guys

/ Perkins 1104c-44t #2  
The white smoke on that engine suggests a blown head gasket but that doesn't explain the pressure building in the fuel tank. I only know of that engine in applications other than ASV but the ones I know have a vented fuel tank that vents in and out. Are you sure the rush of air is not air in meaning a plugged vent instead of air rushing out? Is your engine version equipped with the combination electric fuel lift pump/fuel filter water separator? I remember early versions of those not having the best reliability.

/ Perkins 1104c-44t #3  
Need some advice, guys.
I got an ASV RC-100 skid steer with a Perkins 1104c-44t engine.

The other day all the sudden it started white smoking really bad (you can smell the fuel), idling rough and eventually die and it is building pressure in the fuel tank to where you loosen the cap and air "gushes" out. I have taken the injectors out and had them checked and they are fine, all the filters are new (less than 10 hrs). What else should I look at? any advice is appreciated.

Thanks Guys

The only way that I can think of that pressure could build in the fuel tank and have the engine smoking, is a bad popoff in an injector., which is popping at a low pressure. You need to take the injectors to an injector shop to check/rebuild or buy new ones.

/ Perkins 1104c-44t #4  
I have the same trouble with an Perkins 1104d-44t, 2010 mod, there is new injectors, change all filters, turbo ok. I have not check the diesel fuel pump.
Did you find the trouble in the 1104c-44 engine?
Thanks from Norway :)

/ Perkins 1104c-44t #5  
The pressure in the tank is coming from a blown boost diaphragm on the injection pump.. it takes a special 5 sided tamperproof bit to get to it but EASILY replaceable while the pump is still on the machine..
Call you local fuel inj. shop, tell them what the problem is & give them the #'s off the nameplate on the pump..
I just did one today..

/ Perkins 1104c-44t #6  
I don't have much pressure in fuel tank, but white smoke when idle in 1000 - 2000 rpm, and it is unstabil. From 800rpm and fast to max rpm, black exhaust. My injecton pump is Delphi 7189-033A.