Where to buy a metric bolt

/ Where to buy a metric bolt #31  
I only need 1 but I would like to buy 2 so I have a spare. I would say that only about 40mm is actually threaded. I did find the part on a bushhog qt2400 series parts page. It shows the bolt as being 20mmx2.0x90

But the bolt you need is 110mm ? The head should not be included in the nominal length L so a 90mm bolt has a total length of 102-110 mm when the head height is added, a 110 mm bolt is 122-130. Normal size heads are 12-13mm and extra high heads are around 20mm.

Screen shot 2015-03-21 at 11.22.15.png

Let me know which one and i'll check on monday if it's possible to buy just a few of these.

/Marcus

/ Where to buy a metric bolt #33  
   / Where to buy a metric bolt #34  
DIN standard Deutsches_Institut_Normung threads like that are a challenge, especially since most German manufacturers have switched to ISO standard sizes, but I also found the bolt size for which you are looking available on line but in 1,000 piece minimum quantity.

/ Where to buy a metric bolt #35  
Curious if this was a gray market tractor? I see also that Allis may have sold that tractor, but not sure if they sold it in the US.

If I was going to re-thread anything, it would be the odd ball threads in the mount.

/ Where to buy a metric bolt #36  
Curious if this was a gray market tractor? I see also that Allis may have sold that tractor, but not sure if they sold it in the US.

6207's were sold in the US by Deutz dealers... Deutz bought/owned Allis, not the other way around, so Allis could never have sold a Deutz...

SR

/ Where to buy a metric bolt
But the bolt you need is 110mm ? The head should not be included in the nominal length L so a 90mm bolt has a total length of 102-110 mm when the head height is added, a 110 mm bolt is 122-130. Normal size heads are 12-13mm and extra high heads are around 20mm.

View attachment 417439

Let me know which one and i'll check on monday if it's possible to buy just a few of these.

/Marcus

Hi, I remeasured the bolt today. It is 110mm not including the head 50mm of that is threaded and the head is 13mm. If I cant find the bolt I am thinking my best bet is to buy an extra long bolt cut it to size and thread the unthreaded shank. I would like to rethread the tractor to 7/8 but in this case I think it wouldn't be worth the extra time to remove all of the mounts on the loader to access it. The original bolt lasted 20 years before it came out so hopefully if I made 2 bolts that should last me a long time.

thanks for all of the help and suggestions.

Mike

/ Where to buy a metric bolt #38  
Hmm... What's the story behind the bolt coming out?

/ Where to buy a metric bolt
Hmm... What's the story behind the bolt coming out?

Not much of a story. I had actually tightened it a week earlier. I was moving several dump truck loads of mulch and it vibrated out I guess.

I ordered a 13/16 drill bit and a 7/8- 14 tap today. I am going to rethread the block.

mike

/ Where to buy a metric bolt #40  
Not much of a story. I had actually tightened it a week earlier. I was moving several dump truck loads of mulch and it vibrated out I guess.

I ordered a 13/16 drill bit and a 7/8- 14 tap today. I am going to rethread the block.

mike

The threads were obviously well worn then. Take care drilling.