M9540 KUBOTA SHUTTLE SHIFT WILL NOT GO INTO REVERSE

/ M9540 KUBOTA SHUTTLE SHIFT WILL NOT GO INTO REVERSE #1  

TROY GARRISON

Tractor
NEW HOLLAND TD95D, KUBOTA 9540,HAYLINER 315, MAXILATOR HAY ACCUMULATOR / GRAPPLE
WE HAVE A 9540 KUBOTA SHUTTLE SHIFT TRACTOR THAT WILL GRIND AND NOT GO INTO REVERSE. IT WILL GO INTO DRIVE FINE. I THOUGHT THAT THE CABLE NEEDED ADJUSTMENT BUT WAS TOLD BY THE DEALER THAT IT WAS A SYNCHRO IN THE TRANSMISSION THAT NEEDED REPAIRED/ REPLACED. I CAN HOLD THE SHUTTLE SHIFT LEVER IN REVERSE AND IT WILL NOT GRIND AND WILL MOVE WHEN THE CLUTCH IS RELEASED BUT, IF YOU REMOVE THE PRESSURE FROM THE SHIFT LEVER OR RELEASE IT STARTS TO GRIND. ANY HELP WOULD BE APPRECIATED.
THANKS IN ADVANCE,
TROY

/ M9540 KUBOTA SHUTTLE SHIFT WILL NOT GO INTO REVERSE #2  
Are you doubting what the dealer has said or what?

I once drove a M8540 that would not stay in third gear. It was a pain in the rear to remember to hold pressure on the gearshift to keep it in third. When it went to the shop I'm pretty sure they said it was a synchro that had gone bad.

/ M9540 KUBOTA SHUTTLE SHIFT WILL NOT GO INTO REVERSE #3  
I had the shuttle synchronizer fail on a M4900 but it locked in reverse. Tractor had to be split and new synchronizer installed . Repair bill was $2000.

/ M9540 KUBOTA SHUTTLE SHIFT WILL NOT GO INTO REVERSE
Are you doubting what the dealer has said or what?

I once drove a M8540 that would not stay in third gear. It was a pain in the rear to remember to hold pressure on the gearshift to keep it in third. When it went to the shop I'm pretty sure they said it was a synchro that had gone bad.

not doubting, just wondering if anyone else has had this problem and if this was the dame diagnosis.
Troy

same not dame

thanks Tx Jim. i'm being told around $5000