Short circuit seach concluded

/ Short circuit seach concluded #1  

carroll ertel

Tractor
JD5205
A few weeks back , i posted a problem about a short which kept blowing the 30 amp. fuse for the key switch. This is the conclusion of the search to resolve the problem. After many hours of searching with the meter and replacement of the key switch , and inspecting all related wires and switches , the short was finally discovered to be a bad temperature sensor in the cold start advance system for the fuel injection pump. I now have come to believe this is not a rare occurrence on the John Deere 5205 model. This has been a excellent learning experience which has taught me much about my tractor , although there was a time or two i wanted to just run the whole thing into the creek. I wanted to express my thanks to all those who offered suggestions .

/ Short circuit seach concluded #2  
Good for you, it is time consuming to locate a short but very rewarding.
You likely saved yourself a few hundred bucks in shop time.:thumbsup:

/ Short circuit seach concluded #3  
I'm glad you found the problem. There are many,many threads on the internet on the failure of the temperature sensor in the cold start advance system on JD tractors. JD has had this problem since the mid 90's.

/ Short circuit seach concluded #5  
Congratulations on a successful diagnosis & treatment.
Also, thanks for posting your results so that others may benefit from what you have learned.
-Jim