Kubota clogged breather light

/ Kubota clogged breather light #1  

ns_in_tex

Platinum Member
Tractor
Kubota L4610 HSTC, International 2400, Hesston 1280,
The clogged breather light came on for the first time on my L4610, at about 2900 hours. It appears the vacuum switch has gone bad and looks to be a part of the breather housing. We tried blowing through the holes with air but did not make any difference. The switch checks to have resistance (closed contacts) with an ohm meter, with the switch unplugged and engine off.

Does anyone have a solution other than buying a new housing (probably expensive) or just unplugging the switch, which is probably what we will do, unless there is a inexpensive solution?

/ Kubota clogged breather light #2  
On my 3710, I did all the cleaning routines and then just bought a sensor. On that tractor the sensor fits into a sleeve in the air cleaner housing. Solver the problem.

/ Kubota clogged breather light #3  
Had that happen on my 3010 (all 3 of these tractors end with 10:confused:) Cleaned it all out to no avail, unplugged and cleaned the connections and it solved the problem, at least for me.

/ Kubota clogged breather light
We thought it was strange, the sensor (I presume vacuum switch) was not replaceable. It appeared to me to molded into the breather housing. I noticed today, it was not on, but I can't remember if we might have unplugged it to make it go off. Will have to look the next time I think about it.