Massey Ferguson 210-4/Hinomoto E-21 No Start Condition

/ Massey Ferguson 210-4/Hinomoto E-21 No Start Condition #1  

jet62095

Tractor
1968 Cub Cadet 125 Hydrostatic, 1974 Cub Cadet 128, 1961 Hinomoto E-21
Long time since I've been on TBN...

Looking for some assistance. I have a 1977 Hinomoto E-21 (US Equivalent is a Massey 210 with the Toyosha S126). Just removed the starter motor due to a no-crank condition and it leaked out what looked like motor oil from the inside of the starter housing. I parked the tractor before the winter, and went to fire it up this spring and could not get it to crank even with a new battery. I cleaned the starter thoroughly, cleaned the brushes (they didn't appear to be burnt out) and the armature and re-assembled it and still cannot get it to crank. Maybe a bad starter solenoid, but I don't know how to test it. I turned the lights on, and they appear very dim despite a fully charged brand new battery. Any suggestions of where to check next?

Thanks
JET

/ Massey Ferguson 210-4/Hinomoto E-21 No Start Condition #2  
JET
Not sure about the problem of finding fluid/oil in the starter area but as far as not starting and dim headlights with a new battery, I would check the ground connection of the battery cable where it attaches to the tractor frame. Loose or dirty would certainly cause your problem. Hope this helps.

Last edited: