looking for New Holland hydraulic service northern Ohio

/ looking for New Holland hydraulic service northern Ohio #1  

amarlow

Bronze Member
Tractor
NewHolland TC34DA
Hi folks,

I do not know hydraulics, beyond basic functionality, and am looking for the right place for some service in northeast to central Ohio, Toledo to Dayton to Zanesville to Cleveland -- ideally in that area somewhere.

I have a 2006 NH TC34DA w/ ~650hrs. When I purchased this utility tractor in Jul 2010, it had ~90hrs. I've done all my own maintenance, pretty religiously, but the hydraulics have seemed to get weaker and weaker over time (lift capacity and curl strength of the bucket, for example).

At this time last year I needed a major repair, and took the tractor to the nearest dealer, about an hour north (I'm near Ann Arbor, MI). I asked them to also check the hydraulic system while the tractor was split apart, and to recommend any maintenance or repairs I should consider. The experience, mostly because of that particular dealer, was a nightmare. After literally months, I finally got my tractor back, with the major repair incomplete, and other things broken. A major fiasco. Plus the hydraulics were actually worse.

I managed to make the major repair on my own, but I never did address the weak hydraulics issue. Now I want to try again.

New Holland seems to be disappearing up here in my area of Michigan. But whenever I've gone deep into Ohio, I have seen New Holland dealers all over the place, and often thought this is where I should be bringing my tractor. Sooo...

I will be near Dayton (actually in Springfield, OH) for an all day class in a couple weeks, Fri 24 Apr, and would like to schedule the hydraulic maintenance/debug at a reputable, highly recommended dealer known for excellent service. (Can you tell I'm really frustrated about my experience so far?) I imagine pulling my trailer with the strapped down tractor into the dealer early on Thu morning 23 Apr, then picking up the good as new Boomer on Friday after the class.

I would appreciate suggestions for the best place to get this type of (hydraulic anemia debug) service done on a 35hp New Holland utility tractor. I use this tractor pretty hard, and need it to be as strong as it should be. I'll drive as far south as Dayton, and as far east as Zanesville.

Thanks in advance for your input.

~Allen

/ looking for New Holland hydraulic service northern Ohio #2  
I'm sure there are capable dealers in that area. But the expectation of performing unspecified repairs in a 48 hour window at the beginning of the spring rush in the farming world is a little much. Fast, cheap and good. Pick any two. It's actually very true.

/ looking for New Holland hydraulic service northern Ohio #3  
Fast, cheap and good. Pick any two. Man that is soooo true. Spring time is planting time here. Best wait till winter.

/ looking for New Holland hydraulic service northern Ohio
I didn't say I wanted all three. Or even that I was "expecting" anything. I actually do understand the challenge of what I'd like to schedule and its conflict with the calendar. Whether I succeed now or have to wait until winter, I still need to know the where part, and so was asking for a word of mouth recommendation. Y'all missed that entirely.

So I'll ask again: does anyone have a recommendation for a place or person in northern to central Ohio where I can get good quality, honest work done on my 35hp New Holland utility tractor hydraulic system?

Thank you again.
~Allen

/ looking for New Holland hydraulic service northern Ohio #5  
What I got is you expect to drop it off Thursday AM and pick it up Friday afternoon as good as new. And the shop won't have a clue what it needs ahead of time because you don't. Or did I misread your first post?

/ looking for New Holland hydraulic service northern Ohio #6  
Isn't the Case DX34 the same machine? If so, there's a Case dealer in Carleton, MI (close to I275) that has a good reputation from what I've heard...should be all the same hydraulic components.

/ looking for New Holland hydraulic service northern Ohio #7  
I Live in Liberty Center Ohio just west of I-75 about 15 miles south of Michigan. There is 2 New Holland dealer I have got parts from one is near Wauseon and the other is 154 Illinois AveMaumee, OH 43537 (419) 600-0109 both have treated me well.

cadman and GManBart, thanks for your help.

cadman, you are actually close to me. I'll look into the two dealers you have mentioned. I appreciate the suggestions.

GManBart, your info about the Case DX34 is news to me. I've been reading about my TC34DA for years, now, and doing repairs & maintenance from the official shop manuals. I didn't realize the tie to this case model (though it doesn't surprise me). Thanks for the input.

~Allen

/ looking for New Holland hydraulic service northern Ohio #9  
Allen If you chose to use one of the dealers I mentioned and need a place to park your trailer for a few days let me know If I'm available you could leave it at my house or my shop, (both are within a half mile of each other)....Tony

Very kind offer, Tony. If it works out, I'd very much appreciate taking you up on the offer. Everything about my upcoming schedule changed last night, however (death in the family, funeral in New Jersey), so it will be some time in the future when I take my tractor in for service. But your suggestion makes great sense, so I will keep it in mind. I have no idea how to do PM (personal messaging), but will happily provide my contact info if you know how. Thank you so much for the generosity.
~Allen