LB 2202 KIOTI

/ LB 2202 KIOTI #1  

ronnie1963

My friend has this tractor and in the middle of the summer when he runs for a while at normal rpm's and then stops and idles the engine down there is a little coolant coming from the over flow line. What can be causing this? /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

/ LB 2202 KIOTI #2  
What is the temp on the unit? You might try flushing the radiator out and cleaning any debris that might be in the fins of the radiator.

/ LB 2202 KIOTI #3  
Ronnie, am I correct in assuming that the tractor in question has no coolant recovery jug? As the coolant heats up, it expands and if the radiator is full, it has to push some out. In most modern cars and some tractors there is a coolant recovery jug into which that coolant is pushed. Later as it cools, it draws that coolant back into the radiator so it stays full. But on those cars and tractors which have no coolant recovery jug, if the radiator is full, the surplus when it expands is just pushed out the overflow and onto the ground. When you're running at "normal" rpm, it will still push some out as it warms up, but you won't notice it if you're driving along. Then when you stop and idle the engine, there's a brief period of time that the temperature rises slightly because the coolant is not circulating as fast, and a little more is pushed out. On most vehicles without a coolant recovery system, if you don't add coolant, it will soon quit pushing any out, but when cool, it will have some air space at the top of the radiator. On the other hand, if you fill it up when it's cool, then it's going to push some out the next time it warms up.

Now that's my opinion or belief as to what's happening, based on the assumption that there's no coolant recovery system and without actually seeing the tractor in question. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

/ LB 2202 KIOTI #4  
Byrd stated it very clearly. I wouldn't worry about it unless the coolant level gets too low and you start to have overheating problems. Just check the coolant level and add a little if it seems too low. If it pushes some out after running awhile, then you can be pretty sure what is happening.

Kip