Kubota B75000HSD Fuel Line Problem - and it's not the Fuel Filter

/ Kubota B75000HSD Fuel Line Problem - and it's not the Fuel Filter #1  

DaRube

Bronze Member
Tractor
Kubota B7500HSD
My B7500 is experiencing the classic symptoms of a ducky fuel filter. It runs fine the first 5 mins or so, then it starts diving and surging, particularly when under stress. However, I replaced the fuel filter (and cup), and it continued to do the same. Here is what has transpired.

1) Last autumn I had the tractor serviced. I believe that all filters were replaced then. I then wintered it without further use.
2) Last week was my first mow this year. I noticed the poor performance, and, thinking it could have been the old fuel, I added some fuel conditioner. I was able to run the fuel down to 1/8th, and then I purchased fresh fuel and filled it to 3/4s.
3) Still experiencing the problem, yesterday I read another thread in the forum: http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/parts-repairs/336640-need-some-opinions-fuel-flow.html. I purchased a new fuel filter.
4) I hesitated to replace the old filter, because it looked pretty good, only a smidge of gunk. Today, I continued mowing, experienced the problem, examined the fuel filter while warm, and saw nothing unusual.
5) I decided to replace it anyway. I started up again, started to mow, and very quickly experienced the problem. I didn't even get the good 5 minutes this time.

What should I look at next???

/ Kubota B75000HSD Fuel Line Problem - and it's not the Fuel Filter
Could it be the fuel feed pump? How can I test that?

/ Kubota B75000HSD Fuel Line Problem - and it's not the Fuel Filter #3  
I'd check the fuel cap vent before I got real carried away. The symptoms of the vents in the cap being plugged are about the same as a plugged fuel filter. Simple check.
They can be cleaned with compressed air off the tractor.