FORD Model 1700 4x4

/ FORD Model 1700 4x4 #1  

OZZ

I have Broken the left front drive axle and I'm looking for a used part to make the repair (new is out of the question the cost is out of reason for my budget I CAN NOT AFFORD THAT)
The part needed is the axle drive portion that the wheel fastens to, my axle has sheared off at the bearing.
Can anyone help me locate the used part (best would be in the NW)

/forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif
The
OZZ

/ FORD Model 1700 4x4 #2  
Good luck! The early 1700's had a smaller axle shaft that would break after a time. Just like yours has. So I doubt that you will find a replacement. The replacement you get from the dealer is a new casing bearings seals and heavier shaft so that it does not break again. This is why I dont think you will find any of the smaller shafts around.

/ FORD Model 1700 4x4 #3  
I know this doesn't hel pyou any.. but I'd l;ove to see a pic of that 1700..

Soundguy

/ FORD Model 1700 4x4 #4  
You can go on google or yahoo or such and do a search for <font color="blue"> tractor salvage ford </font> and you will get lots of hits for tractor salvage and used parts places. Some have web sites, some just give phone numbers. You can start e-mailing and/or calling. Maybe you will get lucky.

/ FORD Model 1700 4x4 #5  
Chris - I see your collection is growing. I might've shown you this before, but if you're just looking for a pic of a 1700, here's one.

Attachments

• 397457-1979 Ford 1700.jpg
    397457-1979 Ford 1700.jpg
    25.6 KB · Views: 454
   / FORD Model 1700 4x4 #6  
How are you liking that 1700? You have had that for a couple of years, now right? I remember when you bought it.

/ FORD Model 1700 4x4 #7  
Hi "IH" - it'll be two years come June. The lack of power steering & the two-lever loader controls are the only two things I could really say are negatives, but they're better than a sharp stick in the eye, and help teach me patience. So does the 3x4 geared tranny, especially when I am reversing direction a lot, like moving material with the bucket. I plowed a lot of snow with it and did some brush cutting last year. This year I plowed with my "new" '87 F150, and the Ford with no cab sat under a tarp (<font color="blue">The Blue Barn!</font>).

This year I think it'll be put to use building a shed. I've got some ground work to do, then lifting walls, etc.. Plus we want to clean up some dead & dying poplar and ash, leftover from the ice storm.

I still check out IH's for sale evey once in a while; they are really rugged tractors. I've been thinking about modifying the Ford from ROPS to FOPS and fitting it for woods work, or selling it and buying a smaller B series Kubota for around the house and a larger farm tractor for the woods. I usually end up working with what I have.

Now that I think of it, the biggest "problem" I have with the Ford is when I go next door and play with my neighbors L4330! What a unit - big loader, Woods cutter (1100 lb!), and a 6" hydraulic feed Patu Chipper that costs as much as my tractor! Of course, he has 240 acres.