Oops overfilled rear water filled tires

/ Oops overfilled rear water filled tires #1  

farmerger

Tractor
NH TC33D
How do I reduce the pressure in the rear water filled tires, without the pressure forcing the water out? /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

/ Oops overfilled rear water filled tires #2  
With the stem at the top.

/ Oops overfilled rear water filled tires #3  
I would think it to be a simple procedure of pointing the tire valve stem at the 12 o'clock position and readjust the air pressure. I am assuming that your tires are no more than 75% filled.

/ Oops overfilled rear water filled tires #4  
Well I have never needed to do this. But, I think that I would rotate the tire so that the valve stem is at a 12 o-clock position. That should put the fluid at the bottom and the air at the top. Then, depressing the valve stem should let as much air out as you want.

/ Oops overfilled rear water filled tires #5  
Boy, are us TBNr's GOOD or what !!! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ Oops overfilled rear water filled tires
Done all that, and even jacked the tire of the ground. Still keeps squirting water everytime I push down the valve stem. I guess they just might be overfilled. Its my first tractor, so this whole water in the tire thing is new to me. I thought there might be some special trick to doing this, but I guess I'll just keep draining until I get air. I just don't want to loose any rear ballast. /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Thanks for all the responses so far.

/ Oops overfilled rear water filled tires #7  
Yep, that's the right idea; jack it up to take the weight off the tire, then with the valve stem at the to (12 o'clock position) just hold the valve stem open (personally, I'd just removed the valve core. And when nothing else comes out, put the core back in and inflate the tire to the proper air pressure (probably around 12 psi).

/ Oops overfilled rear water filled tires #8  
I think you're right on your thinking. Just be sure and jack the tire up off the ground (with valve stem at 12 o'clock) and let the excess water out. When the water quits coming out, you can adjust the air pressure.

/ Oops overfilled rear water filled tires #9  
Since this post is in reference to filled tires and I have always used weights I have no personal experience with ballast filled tires. I am making an assumption that tires should never be more than 75% filled, is this correct? I would also assume that the extra hydraulic force on an overfilled tire would not be desirable since there would be no air cushion, is this also a true statement? Just curious.

/ Oops overfilled rear water filled tires #10  
Don't ask me, I haven't a clue. All I know is the 75% thing and, since you can't see the inside of a tire, the liquid below the valve stem is my best bet.

I don't have liquid ballast either.