Warning Lights

/ Warning Lights #2  
Not enough information to make an intelligent decision.

What kind of "vehicle", where will you be using it, and what will you be doing with it?

For a tractor off or near the road, a simple strobe would be fine. On the road/in traffic something a little more intense would be better.

Something that has a varying flash pattern will get more attention.

/ Warning Lights #3  
I do some mowing along the road and drive to our church for snow removal. I bought some of the 4-LED flashers at the Trailer Shoppe. I didn't count them, but the ad says there are 18 different flash patterns. They can be linked to synchronize and use the same flash pattern and the patterns include splitting the 4 LED's into pairs of two. The front light is one of those larger lights normally attached to the roof of a truck with a big donut-shaped magnet. The two lollipop lights that were on the fenders were moved up and put on an alternating flasher when I built the cab.

Lights :: Flashing/Strobe Lights :: 4 LED Surface Mount Warning Strobe -

http://vid1295.photobucket.com/albums/b628/jim_miller7/IMG_1186_zps3fbza7kx.mp4

/ Warning Lights #4  
Nice job. I'm looking at a similar lay out as I cant put a bar in the top of the cab due to clearance issues.
Mike

/ Warning Lights #5  
I'm getting addicted to LED's. There's a smile on the guy's face when I walk into The Trailer Shoppe. Here's a picture of the way the side flashers are mounted. The sides of the cab roof are angled and I wanted to make sure the flashers were mounted plumb for maximum effect. I had some Azek(?) plastic 1x4 left over from a project that became tapered mounting blocks for the lights. People in cars need to see them - squirrels in trees don't pose a hazard. Travelling on the road the side flashers light up the fronts of houses, garage doors, etc. when the tractor passes by.

The "Bugeye" front lights from a donor plow truck that are in my avatar were replaced with LED floods and you can see one of them in the picture as well. There are 2 front, 2 rear and one smaller LED on each side. Works pretty well like that for night mowing or plowing. On Tuesday I picked up some of the little flashing LED singles as shown in the link below. I played around with them last night using a DeWalt 18V battery and a bunch of jumper wires. Not sure which tractor they'll be mounted on. I need to get something on the Ford before next Winter.

Lights :: Flashing/Strobe Lights :: Amber Fusion Lite Surface Mount -

Attachments

• Side Flasher.jpg
    Side Flasher.jpg
    322.9 KB · Views: 90