26 HP Kohler pro intermittent engine misfire

/ 26 HP Kohler pro intermittent engine misfire #1  

rdreuer

Tractor
craftsman GDS 6500 with 26HP Kohler Pro; Ariens MaxZoom 60 with 25HP Kohler
I have a Craftsman garden tractor with 26 hp Kohler pro engine that has an intermittent misfire on right cylinder. it seems to happen more when engine is warm. no change in spark plug appearance and replaced with new plugs but no change in problem. When it is occurring I can remove the spark plug wire on right side with no change in engine running, but if pull left wire the engine stops. I believe it could be the coil but wondering if there is an easy way to test. it occurs intermittently but will last for several minutes at a time when it occurs.

/ 26 HP Kohler pro intermittent engine misfire #2  
My boys Toro commercial ZTR with a Kawasaki two cyl run chitty when it was warmed up. Found a big nest on top that cyl. Removed same, cleaned motor up... Now runs like a top. Just an idea... pull the shrouds.... usually does not take long. Once you get the shrouds off, and if you have separate coils firing off the ring gear... you can swap them and see if the problem moves.

/ 26 HP Kohler pro intermittent engine misfire
I had the shroud off and everything looked clean yesterday. will try swapping the coils.
thanks.