SAME Mitsubishi 1.5L 4-cyl diesel keeps dying

/ SAME Mitsubishi 1.5L 4-cyl diesel keeps dying #1  

davemhughes

Silver Member
Tractor
SAME 40hp turbo charged 4cyl diesel w/fel

The SAME has been very reliable till now (681 hrs). 4x4 turbo diesel, I chheck fuel filter, checked lines, blew air back up through the tank, opened the fuel cap, it has an external 12v fuel pump that I check, it pumps fuel but is not high flow and i can stop the flow with my index finger, saw no water drain from the fuel line

See the video please.......any help would be appreciated

https://youtu.be/_zpRYhTYemQ

/ SAME Mitsubishi 1.5L 4-cyl diesel keeps dying
Not sure the pump is the problem but trying hard to source one incase it is. Dealer said a replacement pump was $661.00.......way too much $$. Need to find another source.

I just emptied the tank, took the fuel tank fittings out.....no water or debris. Pulled the filter and all the fuel related hoses and inspected fro cracks and such, they were gtg. Maybe solenoid????

IMG_20150706_155508757.jpg

/ SAME Mitsubishi 1.5L 4-cyl diesel keeps dying #3  
Is there a safety switch that may be cutting out the fuel, I think the price for the pump must be for the main injector pump not the 12 volt one.

/ SAME Mitsubishi 1.5L 4-cyl diesel keeps dying #4  
I'm confused...what do you mean when you say you checked the fuel filter? I would replace the fuel filter before doing anything else...can't imagine a good way to check them.

/ SAME Mitsubishi 1.5L 4-cyl diesel keeps dying #5  
First of all, SAME is NOT "basically a Deutz"... SLH is the parent company and yes they do share some parts...

Anyway, I'm suspecting it's the fuel filter and if not, then that fuel pump you mentioned. I'd NEVER pay $661.00 for a factory pump, I'd switch to an automotive electric fuel pump and "if needed", a pressure regulator for it...

SR

/ SAME Mitsubishi 1.5L 4-cyl diesel keeps dying #6  

The SAME has been very reliable till now (681 hrs). 4x4 turbo diesel, I chheck fuel filter, checked lines, blew air back up through the tank, opened the fuel cap, it has an external 12v fuel pump that I check, it pumps fuel but is not high flow and i can stop the flow with my index finger, saw no water drain from the fuel line

See the video please.......any help would be appreciated

https://youtu.be/_zpRYhTYemQ

It's electrical , not fuel delivery! Hear that "click" after it dies? And the engine will not restart until you hear that click!

It's either one of the safety interlocks, clutch/pto or?? Or it is the engine management module. (the thing that controls the solenoid that cuts the fuel when the key is turned to off.

How am I so sure? My SLH Hurlimann 435 does the same thing. So far, it stays running after a few sessions, with yours, the problem seems to have gone critical.

I posted on this topic a few weeks back and got no replies. But perhaps we can figure it out. My closest dealer is an hour and a half away. So no help there.

/ SAME Mitsubishi 1.5L 4-cyl diesel keeps dying #7  
It's electrical , not fuel delivery! Hear that "click" after it dies? And the engine will not restart until you hear that click!

Pretty sure the clicking was him moving the ignition key, not a relay or switch....the last time (or nearly so) you can see a shadow of his arm moving when you hear the click.

/ SAME Mitsubishi 1.5L 4-cyl diesel keeps dying #8  
Check ign switch........mybe faulty.......while running move key from side to side to see if engine cuts out ? Then replace ign switch !Listen at 1.30 and you will hear the clik as the voltage drop and the shut-off valve on the inj pump cuts out ! Check the revcounter as the voltage drop.........electrical problem and not diesel !

/ SAME Mitsubishi 1.5L 4-cyl diesel keeps dying #9  
Pretty sure the clicking was him moving the ignition key, not a relay or switch....the last time (or nearly so) you can see a shadow of his arm moving when you hear the click.

Could be a different issue then.

/ SAME Mitsubishi 1.5L 4-cyl diesel keeps dying #10  
Watched the video a couple of times, I too think it's electrical and not fuel, it just dies and if fuel I think it would smother out or sputter till it dies. Maybe the fuel cutoff solenoid?