cub cadet 3000 only moves with diff lock

/ cub cadet 3000 only moves with diff lock #1  

fullacresfarm

Tractor
cub cadet
I recently got a 3000 series cab cadet from my family used it for two days and now it only moves with the dif lock engaged fluids full and all the adjustments for the petals are correct still doing the same power steering and lift still work as they should

/ cub cadet 3000 only moves with diff lock #2  
I recently got a 3000 series cab cadet from my family used it for two days and now it only moves with the dif lock engaged fluids full and all the adjustments for the petals are correct still doing the same power steering and lift still work as they should

Broken axle? With one axle broken, that would certainly be one scenario that could cause this.

/ cub cadet 3000 only moves with diff lock
If I have it jacked up in the air it will go but I can stop each tire by hand if I'm not using the diff lock

/ cub cadet 3000 only moves with diff lock #4  
If I have it jacked up in the air it will go but I can stop each tire by hand if I'm not using the diff lock

Time to break out the wrenches, and open it up.

/ cub cadet 3000 only moves with diff lock
That's what I thought just didn't want to jump into it and didn't have to

/ cub cadet 3000 only moves with diff lock #6  

That is actually normal for an open diff.

If you have a broken axle (or something similar), you should be able to stop ONE of the tires when the diff lock is on. This type of diagnosis can be difficult if things are bound-up with broken stuff.

Not being able to move unless the diff-lock is on... is a pretty good indication that something is broke...