Kioti RX6010 leaking rear axle seal

/ Kioti RX6010 leaking rear axle seal #1  

Boss 302

Platinum Member
Tractor
Kioti RX6010PS Mahindra 3510 Sold (Gonna miss that ole girl)
Does anyone know if the rear axle seal on a RX6010 can be replaced by removing the rear tire and removing the 4 bolts and pulling the axle out or is it more involved?

Randall

/ Kioti RX6010 leaking rear axle seal
Yes, it is still under warranty until next month but, if it is a simple task I will have the dealer provide the seal and do the work in my shop. Just wondering if it involves removing something in the rear in order to pull the axles.

Randall

/ Kioti RX6010 leaking rear axle seal #4  
It may be more than just a seal. Frequently that type of seal only starts to leak when one of the bearings starts to fail, and allows the shaft to move, which ruins the seal. You may get it apart and find that the seal is bad, but you've also got a couple of large bearings that need to be removed/replaced, etc. Frequently they're bigger than what most folks can deal with.

When I had to replace similar bearings on the front axle of my backhoe, the local heavy equipment shop wouldn't even touch them...had me go to a machine shop that specializes in larger parts...$120 and I had it back in 2 hours. I'd guess the rear axle bearings on your RX are at least as big as the front axle bearings on a backhoe....just a thought.

/ Kioti RX6010 leaking rear axle seal #5  
Yes, it is still under warranty until next month but, if it is a simple task I will have the dealer provide the seal and do the work in my shop. Just wondering if it involves removing something in the rear in order to pull the axles.

Randall

Randall, if you have the means for transportation, call your dealer and make an appointment.