IH 5140 Tractor. Raining in the cab.

/ IH 5140 Tractor. Raining in the cab. #1  

jcisrisen

Tractor
Case IH 5140 MFWD
Ok...I have the well documented problem of water coming in my air condition vents because of blocked condensation drain hoses. Ive blown out the drain hoses many times...but that doesn't always work. The hoses are torn somewhere. I want to replace them...maybe even with a fatter hose/fitting. What is the easiest way to get to them. Is there a pan under the condensor or does the water drain right onto the housing and drain off.

/ IH 5140 Tractor. Raining in the cab. #2  
There is usually a pan under the condenser/heater with a drain hose down each front corner of the cab. I'm not familiar with your model but if you take the roof off of the cab you should be able to see where the hoses go.

/ IH 5140 Tractor. Raining in the cab.
Ok...I removed the roof and found the pan with the drains..... completely cleaned them and the pan as best I could. I found the drains were plugged but the drain tubes were wide open. I had "rainfree" operation for about 2 hours..then they plugged again..Ugh. I suppose dirt must be getting in somewhere. Thanks for your help. I wish that IHC would have used bigger drains.