pump rebuild

/ pump rebuild #1  

alpha

Bronze Member
Tractor
Jinma 354
I have a Jinma with a bad pump. it had metal shavings in it. it was'nt factory debured. so I cleaned it up debured it got it to spin easily but it dos'nt pump any oil. I cleaned the filter,flushed the tank made sure all the lines are clear and connected. The drive spline is good and the impellers turn. any ideas?

/ pump rebuild #2  
Alpha, I'm sorry to tell you this, but most likely the pump is trashed. The metal filings probably galled the housing and ruined the seal between the impellers and the housing. No seal, no pumping oil. Without tight clearance, the pump cannot make enough vacuum to prime itself or if it did manage to pickup some oil, there would not be enough pressure to do any work.

The clearances inside the pump are very tight and it doesnt take much damage to ruin a hydraulic pump of any kind.

Make sure you get all of the shavings out of the sump before you install a new pump, or you will be doing this again. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Sorry for the bad news, hope I'm wrong.

Nailerguy

/ pump rebuild #3  
I'm not familiar with your pump, don't even know if you are talking about an oil pump or a hydraulic pump, but are you priming it, filling with oil, before installing or hooking up lines and testing?

/ pump rebuild
yea sorry its a hyd. pump. Ive flushed the whole system with kerosene. tried priming the pump, still dead must have killed it? now that the system is cleaned filter too I will get a new pump and try that.

/ pump rebuild #5  
   / pump rebuild #6  
If the original pump was incorrectly manufactured, what makes you think a new one would be any better? Call the shops that rebuild hydraulic cylinders and pumps in your area. Many shops have a Blanchard grinder that they can use to restore the proper internal clearances in a pump. That would be my first choice especially with a foreign built pump.

Beats taking a chance on a new pump that may have the same internal defects as the original. If you're dead set on a new pump, try to get one that was manufactured recently. Maybe a later built part will have been put together correctly.

/ pump rebuild #7  
alpha,
Maybe JohnS will speak up, he is very familiar with the Jinmas. I believe that I recall him saying the pump was very inexpensive. Here is his web site, it has lots of stuff about Jinmas. Johns Web Site

/ pump rebuild #8  
I can't help but think you may have some other problem. It seems to me that unless there is an obvious visual flaw in the pump it should at least pump "some" oil; However, as someone suggested, if the pumps are inexpensive.......

/ pump rebuild #9  
OH I forgot to mention that back when the CTOA was a better (read easier to find stuff) site there was a problem with a few different pump, mostly all was assoiated with the fact that someone disconnected the pump hose QD and that would blow the pump seals and dump hyd fluid into the oil. there was one or two otehr posts that had pump shaft had sheared off and was doing the same as you discribed. you said the key was ok, that was one issue I rembmber (note those are a few eyars worth of remembering so I don't have any details.)

Mark /forums/images/graemlins/ooo.gif

Attachments

• 385505-0284feldump.jpg
    385505-0284feldump.jpg
    59.9 KB · Views: 140
   / pump rebuild
well I got a new pump and all is well. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif