adjusting brakes on a Belarus 250

/ adjusting brakes on a Belarus 250 #1  

rsb1000

Tractor
belarus
I just signed up on this website and have a question about adjusting the brakes on my Belarus 250. Does anyone have a suggestion?

/ adjusting brakes on a Belarus 250 #2  
quick google looks like it uses U shaped brake bands. and i am guessing there is a nut / screw / bolt you can get into, to tight up the brake bands up around the brake drum.

follow the linkages from break pedal/s and it should lead you to were the brake bands are. and some sort of adjust screw / bolt / nut.

/ adjusting brakes on a Belarus 250 #3  
Look under the floorboard from the back, youll see a rectangular cover on top of each axle housing. Remove the 4 bolts from each cover and remove the covers. Its an adventure in its self. Under the cover youll see a vertical bolt with a lock nut and nut. Loosen the lock nut on each side. Pull the hand brake up almost all the way. Tighten the bottom nut on the stud on each side untill good tension is obtained. Retighten the lock nut, reinstall the covers and then road test for sufficient and equal breaking. If its not satisfactory adjust accordingly. This is strictly my procedure gleened from my experiences from working on my 250AS. I have not been able to obtain a copy of the actual factory procedure so Ive had to figure it out on my own. If you cant get enough adjustment for proper braking youll have to replace the bands. Good Luck to ya. J White