Craftsman DYS4500 Lawn Tractor with intermittent miss Kohler 26 HP Courage

/ Craftsman DYS4500 Lawn Tractor with intermittent miss Kohler 26 HP Courage #1  

cgordrun

Tractor
Kubota L3200
I recently experienced an intermittent miss on my 2008 Craftsman DYS4500 with a 54" deck and 26 hp Kohler engine. It started out after about an hour of run time, it would act like it was dropping one cylinder. Sometimes it would come out of it and run fine for a few minutes, then start running like crap again. Then it started doing it after just a few minutes of run time. I contacted my local small engine parts store about a coil and thought I would just get 1 and could try it on either cylinder, but they said it was only available in an update kit which included both coils and a wiring harness. It was a fairly simple repair, except the instructions didn't mention splicing in a hot wire to the safety shut-off on the carburetor. I had run it several times for about 15 minutes and all seemed fine. Mowed with it last night for about 1 1/2 hours and it worked great. I bought this mower new and it has been the best $2000 mower I had owned. I just bought another Craftsman rider with the 54" deck for $2000 and like it even better.