How many here have used Alibaba or AliExpress ?

/ How many here have used Alibaba or AliExpress ? #1  

Fawken

Platinum Member
Tractor
Ford 1100
I have used these two services to save hundreds on tiny IC's for repairing expensive PTZ-IR cameras as well as getting really cheap prices on knock-off fuel injectors. Has anyone ever considered getting a pool together to get 10 Foton, crated, tractors and the shipping container? Buying a full container would get an insanely low price I think.

/ How many here have used Alibaba or AliExpress ? #2  
I remember looking for tractor rims about a year ago. Found some really cheap ones so I thought. Then I went on alibaba and found them for a fifth of that cost....crazy

/ How many here have used Alibaba or AliExpress ?
Sometimes the shipping eats up the savings unless you buy a bunch. AliExpress is like the ebay version of Alibaba. Most of the prices are for a single unit and include shipping. Downside is the wait for your item. About 3 weeks is the average in my experience. But the savings are incredible and they have everything.

/ How many here have used Alibaba or AliExpress ? #4  
Have made a fair number of buys on ALI with satisfaction.
Great savings on smaller items that are shipped free with the only downside being the wait time.
Naturally quality is always the concern but then depending an the item it probably is what you'd buy locally at 4-20 times the local store.
Must admit that larger items like tractors are very interesting to compare with local pricing however parts would be the major concern.
Heck I have seen 40hp 4 x 4 with FEL in the $6-$10 k range shipped for $800. to nearest port. Not shabby and tempting.
Same for parts, (if you can cross reference) , like WOW.
Recently was blown away on hydraulic pump prices.

Have bought back up camera systems and other electronics all with satisfaction.
So far all has arrived duty and tax free as well.
Just takes patience and or planning ahead.

/ How many here have used Alibaba or AliExpress ? #5  
I have asked questions on numerous items and never, ever got one reply. I suspect language barriers.

I like using E-Bay from China. Shipping costs to Canada are a tenth of what they are from the States. Sometimes it takes a few weeks.

/ How many here have used Alibaba or AliExpress ? #6  
I've been reading up on it. When they say shipping to nearest port they mean China. It's still on you to pay for freight of some carrier (most likely a ship) and insurance and hire a company that will get it through customs for you and then handle the shipping in the US. There are people that do all that but I haven't actually pulled the trigger yet on anything ... just looked at stuff.

/ How many here have used Alibaba or AliExpress ? #7  
Have made a fair number of buys on ALI with satisfaction.
Great savings on smaller items that are shipped free with the only downside being the wait time.
Naturally quality is always the concern but then depending an the item it probably is what you'd buy locally at 4-20 times the local store.
Must admit that larger items like tractors are very interesting to compare with local pricing however parts would be the major concern.
Heck I have seen 40hp 4 x 4 with FEL in the $6-$10 k range shipped for $800. to nearest port. Not shabby and tempting.
Same for parts, (if you can cross reference) , like WOW.
Recently was blown away on hydraulic pump prices.

Have bought back up camera systems and other electronics all with satisfaction.
So far all has arrived duty and tax free as well.
Just takes patience and or planning ahead.

My worry on the tractors would be if they are tier 4 compliant, Big bummer to have new units locked down at customs for non cert.

Have never tried ALI but have bought many electronics parts and items direct from china on Ebay with free shipping ( some arrived faster than UPS items bought within US):laughing: So far 100% satisfied, may have to try this ALI

/ How many here have used Alibaba or AliExpress ? #8  
My worry on the tractors would be if they are tier 4 compliant, Big bummer to have new units locked down at customs for non cert.

Have never tried ALI but have bought many electronics parts and items direct from china on Ebay with free shipping ( some arrived faster than UPS items bought within US):laughing: So far 100% satisfied, may have to try this ALI

Years ago I wanted a Lister to run a generator .... used to be able to get them everywhere but I guess the EPA cracked down on them because they are not so easy to get into the US anymore ... you have to find one already here. So you know they are looking for stuff like that!

/ How many here have used Alibaba or AliExpress ? #9  
I inquired about a product once and the live chat woman also offered to help me with any "personal problems" I might have.

/ How many here have used Alibaba or AliExpress ? #10  
I inquired about a product once and the live chat woman also offered to help me with any "personal problems" I might have.

Ha! Yes, my exchanges with companies were pretty entertaining too.