I have opportunity to buy used Snap-On 3/4 inch drive socket set

/ I have opportunity to buy used Snap-On 3/4 inch drive socket set #1  

Silvic

Gold Member
Tractor
I have an opportunity to buy a used set of Snap-on 3/4 inch drive socket set.
It is a 29 piece 3/4" to 2 3/8" socket.

I am curious as to what some of you that are real tool hounds think it is worth. Not yet seen it but is reported to be in good condition.
Any idea what they might be worth?

Last edited:
   / I have opportunity to buy used Snap-On 3/4 inch drive socket set #2  
It's worth Atleast a hundred, I think the ratchet alone would be worth a bundred.

/ I have opportunity to buy used Snap-On 3/4 inch drive socket set #3  
It is worth all of $100.00 and if you get it at that price or close winner, winner chicken dinner.

/ I have opportunity to buy used Snap-On 3/4 inch drive socket set #4  
I'd say a 3/4 drive snap on is worth a lot more than a $100. Brand new it's probably well over $500 and a $1000 wouldn't shock me

/ I have opportunity to buy used Snap-On 3/4 inch drive socket set #5  
I just bought some new snap on sockets, 1/2 drive, 1-1/8 thru 2 inch (7 sockets) for $265..

/ I have opportunity to buy used Snap-On 3/4 inch drive socket set #6  
I have an opportunity to buy a used set of Snap-on 3/4 inch drive socket set.
It is a 29 piece 3/4" to 2 3/8" socket.

I am curious as to what some of you that are real tool hounds think it is worth. Not yet seen it but is reported to be in good condition.
Any idea what they might be worth?

I've got a few Snap-on tools, but I didn't buy them new. In fact, I inherited them. I have a 3/4 ratchet and socket set, but I rarely use it. Unless you are making a living with the tools, I'd buy a cheap set. Unless you are a tool *****.....:)

/ I have opportunity to buy used Snap-On 3/4 inch drive socket set #7  
I've got Snap-On, Proto & Mac( 3/8, 1/2 & 1/4). They are expensive but one day my grandson will be using them. If the set is in reasonably good condition -$150-$175 would be a good deal. I wouldn't pay much more than that - unless you will be using this size a lot.
I have a cheap 3/4 ratchet with impact sockets-seldom use that size. Mainly tractor wheel lug nuts & FEL bolts. The price for Snap-On goes all the way from mildly expensive to extreme. Price depends, a lot, on their intended use - which will dictate quality - at least, it should.

Over the years I had to replace one ratchet & a few sockets. Never a problem with those three brands - take the tool in and instant replacement. No proof of purchase & you don't have to lie about how the tool was used/abused - they don't care.

/ I have opportunity to buy used Snap-On 3/4 inch drive socket set #8  
Silvic Be sure you know where the seller became the owner of this set.

Know of a Snap-on 3/4 set and John Deere 3/4 set that disappeared on a week end. along with air tools and wrenches.

Also I have a set of Snap-on 3/4 drive and it came with a John Deere Model 40 tractor . Early 50's still in use and the tractor is long gone. This is a heavy weight strong tools never need to worry if going to break . Look at Snap on web site for prices
The ratchet is close to a $100

ken