Farmall Super C

/ Farmall Super C #1  

beard1

Tractor
1951 Farmall Super C
help with removing bolster top wheel worm steering gear 38 teeth &worm steering gear.

/ Farmall Super C #2  
Aw Man, I'm not sure you are gonna get much help here. Pictures always excite people so that might help. I have an ole Super C that I used as my primary tractor for several years but haven't used it in at least 20 years. I have no idea what you are asking about??

Welcome to TBN. Remember,,,, patience is a virtue. :)

/ Farmall Super C #3  
This exploded view from Case/IH online parts store may help to understand how it comes apart. Official Case IH Online Parts Store and Case IH Catalog for Best Parts Search and Best Parts Look Up. Case IH Parts for Case IH Tractors, Case IH Combines, Case IH Tractors, Case IH Manuals, Case IH Parts

You'll need to jack it up under the torque tube/clutch housing, and block it. To remove the worm gear. remove the grill, then remove the hand crank bracket. There is a pin through the front half of the u-joint that will need to be removed. Slide the shaft & u-joint back, then remove the woodruff key. Remove the worm gear retaining nut on the front of the housing, and the worm gear should turn out of the housing. When replacing the worm gear, place a thin piece of sheet shim stock cut to approx diameter of the shaft, and put through the seal, to keep from inverting the lip on the seal. It's much easier to guide it back through with the lower assy. removed.

To remove the lower assy. Remove the bolster, then remove the 4 bolts holding the lower assy. in. It may drop out, or require a little jiggling. Either way, be prepared, its a little heavy. Once it's out, remove the center stud nut, and pull the stud nut out from the top. At this point, everything separates, and replace what is needed.