Need help with overheating problem

/ Need help with overheating problem #1  

rockaa

Tractor
Case IH 385
Hello,
I have a Case IH 385 1986
I have a problem with it overheating after short use.
We went through the coolant system, including pump and the impeller. All seems 100%.
Anyone have an ideaa where to start looking next?
Many Thanks for suggestions you could offer.
-Mike

/ Need help with overheating problem #2  
A little more info would probably help. Can you list each thing you went through, obviously there’s something else or it wouldn’t be overheating. Did you replace the radiator cap?

/ Need help with overheating problem
A little more info would probably help. Can you list each thing you went through, obviously there痴 something else or it wouldn稚 be overheating. Did you replace the radiator cap?

Yes new radiator cap and new thermostat flushed the radiator and made sure it was holding pressure.

/ Need help with overheating problem #4  
Any chance the gauge is bad?
Also, were you able to verify the radiator is allowing good flow?

/ Need help with overheating problem #5  
Have you verified that you have good air flow through the radiator?
Also you may want to try removing the t stat and run with out it. It's rare but I have seen a new one that is bad.
If you have an inferred thermometer you can check the top and bottom radiator hoses there should be a noticeable difference in temp, like 20*F.

/ Need help with overheating problem #6  
Hello,
I have a Case IH 385 1986
I have a problem with it overheating after short use.
We went through the coolant system, including pump and the impeller. All seems 100%.
Anyone have an ideaa where to start looking next?
Many Thanks for suggestions you could offer.
-Mike

Define short time. What does the temp gauge do, exactly, and how long does it take to do it? Did anything change since the new cap, radiator flush, etc?
How long has this condition existed, how many hours on the clock, what type of work are you using it for?

Does the radiator show good water flow when the thermostat has opened with the radiator cap off? Does it overflow the top of the radiator if you rev it while in neutral?
Post back all answers, pls.

Hi Folks,
My wife told me to add this:
She said,
"Overheating is a little missleading since we haven't witnessed the temp over 200ー since the fuel timing was corrected.
Better description: the water bubbles out he radiator with the cap off even when the engine is cold and first cranking. With the cap on it blows out the pressure relief tube after temp is at about 180ー
Thank you all very much!

/ Need help with overheating problem #8  
Head gasket..??

DJ54 thank you for the question, its a good one....
she did replace the head gasket before we noticed the "overheating problem".. (think its right she is a diesel mechanic.....)
She had a torque sequence, and lbs from the manufactures recommendations....
The "head gasket job" seems OK, stopped smoking immediately

/ Need help with overheating problem #10  
I have noticed when running my Kubota Loader in high temp conditions it will start to overheat. Blowing out the rad and oil cooler with compreesed air tend to make an immediate and huge difference!