Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tractor
    Yanmar FX20D

Default Yanmar FX20D drive inoperative

New member here, I was brushcutting today (I only have 10 hrs on my tractor) when the tractor just stopped, the FEL works great , the 3pt Hitch works great, engine runs great. It just won't go, all gears the same. I think the clutch went, the clutch had been making some high pitched sound for the last few hrs, went away when the pedal was depressed. Seems odd to just stop though. Any ideas? Next weekend I'll have to cum-along the beast back onto the trailer to get it repaired. I have a repair manual on order.

Default Re: Yanmar FX20D drive inoperative

High pitched sound, goes away when depressing the clutch, no clutch now. Sounds like a throw out bearing.

Tractor
    Yanmar FX20D

Yeah, but doesn't that imply the clutch would still engage, it would just not disengage? The throwout bearing is only there for the clutch arm to push on the release arm and disengage the clutch disc. Thanks for the reply.

Elite Member

Definitely sounds like the clutch. You will have to split it to assess the damage. If it's only showing 10 hours, there's no telling how many hours it actually has.

ummm..............yep [img]/forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
    Where was my head??

Silver Member

It may be the clutch, I had one go when a friend was using the tractor and he swore he had just parked it and when he got back on it would not move. Try to adjust the clutch pedal to the proper setting where there is about 1/2 inch of play before it starts engaging the clutch. This may let you drive the tractor out instead of pulling it out. Also check to make sure that it is in one of the gear ranges and in gear.

Tractor
    ym1700, NH7610S, Ford 8N, 2N, NAA, 660, 850 x2, 541, 950, 941D, 951, 2000, 3000, 4000, 4600, 5000, 740, IH 'C' 'H', CUB, John Deere 'B', allis 'G', case VAC

</font><font color="blue" class="small">( ummm..............yep
    Where was my head?? )</font>

Clutch center could have seperated?.. that's what you were thinking right? [img]/forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]

Soundguy

Boy I'm glad someones watching my back [img]/forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Tractor
    ym1700, NH7610S, Ford 8N, 2N, NAA, 660, 850 x2, 541, 950, 941D, 951, 2000, 3000, 4000, 4600, 5000, 740, IH 'C' 'H', CUB, John Deere 'B', allis 'G', case VAC

Inspector.. check this out... We regged within a day of each other and have virtually the same number of posts!

Soundguy

Did you come over with the Yanmar influx too?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast