Default removing track plates (grousers)

Hello, has nayone tackled the job of removing track plates from a set of hydraulic digger track chains and bolted them to new chains. I I guess an air wrench would be the go!
    Russ.

Elite Member
    Tractor
    3550 Fard Backhoe and a 1948 Farmall Cub,

Default Re: removing track plates (grousers)

Russ theres a few ways to do this, I usually use an air ipact wrench and penetrateing oil to get the pads off of salvagable chains/rails. When i need to get the pads off a set of worn out rails Ill use the impact wrench but if they are stubborn i'll stop with that and use the torch. My new favorite toy is a gouging tip in my friends plasma cutter for the stubborn ones. I have taken them down and swapped them with a breaker bar but it takes too long. I change the pads out on a dozer last week in about 3 hours with some stubborn bolts. I had lots of oil and my impact wrench handy.

Default Re: removing track plates (grousers)

hey mate!.. I knew I was on the right track!.. thanks for the confident reply.
    Check out
    www.tucker.co.nz
    my ship's home page.
    Thanks again,
    Russ