massey gc2319TLB won't start,

/ massey gc2319TLB won't start, #1  

PoppaRob

Tractor
MF gc2310tlb
Sounds like a low battery... that buzzy clicking you get when trying to start no in neutral.... But the battery is new. It's intermittant. Sometimes starts fine, other times it won't start for days. I guessing a switch? probably the same one that causes the buzzy noise when not in neutral? Or would a short to ground cause the same type of noise. I have bypassed the seat switch but that doesn't seem to help. I guess i need to go buy a multimeter tomorrow to try to trouble shoot. No idea what kind of voltages to look for or where these switches/relays may be. Any thoughts where to start? I do have the basic wiring diagram that came with the tractor. Starting there in the morning. Wish me luck. WInter's coming an i need it working reliably if last year is to be repeated!!!!

/ massey gc2319TLB won't start, #2  
You should have 12.6 volts to the large terminal on your starter.
When the key is turned to the start position you should have 12.6v at the small terminal on the starter.
If you have both of these either your starter is bad or is not getting ground.
IF you do not have power at the starter, trace the power from the source (Batt. / Key switch) and see where you lose power.
Also make sure that the battery terminals are clean. An easy way to test with a multi meter is to set it to DC volts and put one lead on the battery terminal and the other on the cable end (while it is attached to the battery) the voltage shown is the amount of voltage you are losing at that connection. This can be done throughout the system to diagnose.

/ massey gc2319TLB won't start, #3  
Sounds like a bad connection to me, battery or ground to tractor. Make sure the battery terminals are tight and if they are loosen and retighten. If that does not fox it find the place where the ground hooks to the tractor prob. on the engine block and clean it. My guess is that will do it. Ed