ignition

/ ignition #1  

clid

Tractor
8n ford
does anyone out there know how many volts a coil for a 6 volt positive ground 8n should have coming out of the bottom end that goes into the distributer?. I am not getting any spark to plugs. I have power coming trough coil that tests at 6 volts. I have replaced points condencer and rotor.

/ ignition #2  
You should have 6 volts to the distributor, the points provide a ground for the coil. Make sure that they are opening enough and that they make good contact when they close.

/ ignition
I am not sure that I am getting power to the points, how can I check to see if there is power getting to the points

/ ignition #4  
If you are using a test light check right at the points when they are open. If it lights up you have power. Check again with the points closed, if it still lights up you are not getting a good ground.
If you are using a multi-meter set it for OHMs unhook the wire that goes to the distributor and see if you have continuity from the wire to ground with the points closed.
Something else that I just thought of, make sure that the wire is not shorting out where it enters the distributor.

/ ignition
Thanks much, I will try what you have suggested.