Massey Ferguson 2615 4wd Issue

/ Massey Ferguson 2615 4wd Issue #1  

migaloo

Tractor
2010 Massey Ferguson 2615
I have a 2010 Massey Ferguson 2615 MFWD with around 800hrs on it. I have never had a problem with it until recently. It started jumping out of 4wd on its on. Sometimes it would make a terrible noise just before jumping out. Then it got to where it would only go into 4wd when the pto was fully engaged. I took it to the local dealer and their Massey rep said that it was the gear on the 4wd engagement lever that was not staying in place on the shaft and that they would have to drill into it a set a set screw so that it would stay in place.

I felt somewhat relieved until I got the bill for it. It sounded to me like this should have been a warranty item since it was obviously a faulty design in the lever mechanism allowing the gear to move out of place on its own. Once I got the tractor home it start doing the same thing again. I took it back to the dealer and their rep said that that there was some internal damage done to the 4wd gears that was causing it not to stay in 4wd. This of course will involve much more labor to repair since the tractor will have to be split apart to get to the gears.

The tractor has been in the shop now for 56 days and has not been repaired because they are still waiting on parts. I still feel like this is a warranty item since the damage was caused by a faulty design. Just curious if anyone else out there has ran into this problem or maybe they are aware of this issue with the 2600 Massey tractor series.