Tractor
    Bota BX23

Default Iseki TX1300 won\'t start

Hi!

I have a problem with my tractor and hope to get some advice.

Story goes as this:

Starter has been very weak for over a year. A few days ago it gave up and it was time to get it repaired or changed. I checked the price on a new one. Original it was approx 900 usd. Not original I got away with less than 300 usd... Needless to say I bought an unoriginal and stronger one.

So now the starter spins the engine faster than ever and everything should be a dream...

But the **** thing (Well, I really like it, just a little bit frustrated) won't start.

It cranks like a dream and seems very eager to go to work, but there simply is no ignition what so ever. I have a engine- heater installed and have used it for many hours. Still nothing is happening. I'm also very sure that the starter is correct installed.

I have a feeling that this is an electrical problem. Does anybody have a feeling what this could be? All help highly appreciated.

EDIT: I have now checked that it gets air (removed air-filter to make sure) and that it gets diesel to the injectors.

Maybe it's time to step away from the electrical-theory and go for the more expensive version, valves needing adjustment or 1 injector failing.

When checking these things I noticed that the engine definitively is eager to start, but it's only happening on 1 cylinder. Unfortunately I have only 2 of them, so 1 isn't enough to get things going.

Think I'll have the injectors checked before giving up and sending it to a mechanic.

Tractor
    '04 Branson 3520, '51 Fergy, '96 MTD 18/46, '02 Craftsman GT5000/48

Default Re: Iseki TX1300 won\'t start

Unfortunately, when an engine doesn't start, people tend to replace the STARTER. Sometimes that works......ie: most engines including small engines require a certain rpm before gasses will ignite and the engine will run. However, I have found that injector pump timing and AIR have been the most common problems( BUT THAT SHOULDN'T HAVE CHANGED WITH JUST A STARTER REPLACEMENT)....(barring poor compression/ cracked pistons or ANY OTHER MECHANICAL PROBLEM) NOW: Judging by what you say, given the fact that it started before and the only difference is the new starter....... the engine should start... Is it turning in the right direction????? Let me know. Franz

Platinum Member
    Tractor
    Kubota B2400

I've worked on a ford 1920 and it is an Iseki tractor. Since all your electrical power begins at the starter and you've had it off, I would check your wiring carefully. Our 1920 is very picky about the glow plugs getting plenty of juice and have had to clean the connections to plugs before. The other thing with it also is we have to bump the throttle up to approx. half throttle and keep it spinning over till it picks up all cyls. and then you can idle it down. It's a very tired tractor!!

Tractor
    Bota BX23

New update:

Well, the starter was worn out. I had it checked before changing, it was burnt. The new starter spins a little bit faster and should be able to start the engine easier.

The starter spins the engine counter-clockwise looked at from the rear (drivers-seat). That way the fan drags air trough the radiator. I think this is the way it should be.

I too started to think that it had to be an electrical problem. I still have my thoughts about that, but I don't know what to look for. Everything looks fine, the glow plugs are meassured and found to be ok. It gets diesel too.

So now I think I have one or several of these ways to go:

1: I'm going to remove the glow-plugs, crank the engine and feel if it's any difference in the pressure coming out of the hole. One of them was a little bit hard to release so I'll wait until some crc / wd40 have worked for a day or two.

2: I'll change the diesel-filter just to make sure that it's not that...

3: ?

Is it normal with any kind of switches that stops the engine if it's low level of oil, high water-temp or something like that? I still have a feeling that it's an electrical thing as the engine sounds very eager to start, but only produces a lot of black smoke....

What do I have to think about before towing it after a car to start it? Start it in the highest gear and with 2 wheel drive in?

All help still highly appreciated!

Anders

Tractor
    Bota BX23

New update:

Injectors have now been checked and repaired. Still it won't start.

I'm beginning to think it's the injector pump timing that is wrong as it clearly gets diesel and air.

Does anybody know how this works? Is it a mechanical thing? Chain? What do I have to do to check?

Please help if you can.

Anders [img]/forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

Tractor
    BX-1860, L3940HSTC, B7500, Farmall M, Farmall 560D

We need to clarify if it ran fine before the starter repair. If so, then the problem was caused by starter work. It could also be that an engine starting problem is what toasted your starter.

Anders, as a general rule of thumb, the timing just doesn't "go out". If the injectors have been checked that's a good part of the battle. Now your left with air, fuel delivery/quality and compression. most small deisels will show starting power problems when compression numbers drop to about 380 psi. Another clue prior to the problem is how much breather pressure/mist you noticed over time from the breather tube. If you're getting smoke you're getting fuel. Try a good clean separate fuel source, is the air filter in good shape? The injectors check good but are you getting good pressure from the injection pump. Maybe pull the injectors out of the engine and "finagel" the fuel line (attached to the injector) and crank the engine, watch the spray pattern coming directly out of the injector to check for proper atomization of the fuel. if the injector pump went bad it may not be creating enough pressure to get a good spray pattern.
    You mention a hot air box and glow plugs. Does it have both ( not common) Don't forget your fuel filter and the flow from the tank..........

Tractor
    iseki tx 1300

I recently purchased a iseki tx 1300. I was told tractor had been run out of fuel and they did not know how to bleed air from fuel system.The starter was also burnt up by the time I got it.After I had the starter rebuilt and bled on the fuel ifinally got it started.But after I let it sit for a couple of days I am have the exact same simptons. Almost starts at times like 1 cylinder is firing and lots of black smoke.Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Tractor
    Izeki tx 1300

Same problem here: It ran, took the starter out and repaired it and now it won't start. Would love it if someone found a solution.