ASV RC100 Electrical Problem

/ ASV RC100 Electrical Problem #1  

ramdigger

Tractor
Case 580C
I have an ASV RC100..... The oil pressure and charging system idiot lights don't work... I assume they should come on with the key on and engine off.... The only time the charging system light comes on is for a split second when the key is turned on or off.... The alternator is new and it's charging and the machine had the same issue with the old alternator.... I'm told there may be an indicator light relay but not sure if that is accurate info or which one or where it would be. Any help would be greatly appreciated

/ ASV RC100 Electrical Problem #2  
Check ignition switch with volt meter to see if delivering 12 volts continuously.

/ ASV RC100 Electrical Problem
12 Volts to where ?????? There are 2 wires to the back of the alternator.... 1 has 12 volts all the time and the other has 12 volts with the key on

Yes, the engine runs and everything works

OK...... So I found out that there is a resistor built in to the Alt Light / Charging System Circuit. It's located under the fuse panel ( you have to separate the 2 halves of the fuse box to see it )...... Somewhere along the way the resistor must have gone bad and some genius thought it would be OK to cut the resistor out and WIRE NUT the legs of the resistor together, and there in lies the problem. I'm hoping someone can tell me the resistance value of the resistor

/ ASV RC100 Electrical Problem #8  
The resistor should be in the area of 560 ohm's, it should be in "parallel" with the bulb, the reason it's there is if your bulb burns out, your alt will still get energized through the resistor. So check your bulb also, make sure it has power (with key on) to both connections of the bulb, that bulb does not ground, it has power to both sides.

The resistor should be in the area of 560 ohm's, it should be in "parallel" with the bulb, the reason it's there is if your bulb burns out, your alt will still get energized through the resistor. So check your bulb also, make sure it has power (with key on) to both connections of the bulb, that bulb does not ground, it has power to both sides.[/QU

Thank You So Much !!!!!! We're back in business

Thank You So Much !!!!!! We're back in business