Mf 135 clutch

/ Mf 135 clutch #1  

rnh1

Bronze Member
Tractor
Ford 3000
How do you adjust the pto stage of a massey 135 with two stage clutch? I understand you have to remove the plate on the belly of the tractor

/ Mf 135 clutch #2  
There is a couple of pages of instructions in the service manual and spacer tool to set clearances.
Adjusting free hand via by guess and by golly usually does as much harm as good .
Odds are that everything to do with the clutch is worn or dirty .
The late JD two cylinder Dubuque tractors with live pto used a very similar Spicer Clutch as the Masseys of that era.

/ Mf 135 clutch
The shop manual I have only shows adjusting at the pedal. What manual do you use?

/ Mf 135 clutch #4  
Service manual instead of the operator's manual. I would caution against purchasing an IT manual instead of a manual printed by Massey. The IT manuals sometimes have just enough info to get a person deeper into trouble.

/ Mf 135 clutch
I agree. That's what I've been using. Thanks for the advice😀

/ Mf 135 clutch #6  
Open inspetioncover and turn the flywheel till you see the adjustingbolt and nut .....between that bolthead and the plate should be a gap of 0.060 or the thickniss of a hacksawblade....use 2 .....1/2 spanners to adjust.......then turn the flywheel and do the other 2 aswell.......replace the cover . Remember that clutch is called a 2 stage clutch but it has 3 posisions..... 1 freetraval......2 mainclutch release .....3 pto clutch release. To test 1..... I use only 1 finger.....to test 2.......I use my hand.......to test 3 .....I have to use my foot.......ALL DONE WITH THE ENGINE SHUTOFF !

/ Mf 135 clutch
Thanks