What are these holes for and should they have a bolt in them?

/ What are these holes for and should they have a bolt in them? #1  

Bensjamming

Tractor
Ford 881 Powermaster
We own a ford 881 with sos transmission. Was out there looking it over and noticed what looked like ATF dripping from the bottom of the transmission. I crawled under there and noticed this small hole towards the front of the Trans about dead center. Had what looked to be a beat up cotter pin hanging from it and that's where the drip was. Here is a picture of the hole in hopes that someone would know what this is for and if should be left open.

Also on the sides of the transmission there are 2 holes, one on either side that you look right through. Both holes are threaded with what looks like about a 5/16 hole and it's located right in front of the fill plug on the right side of the tractors Trans n like I said earlier you can see light right out of the hole on the other side? Are these holes suppose to be filled with bolts or plugs or something? Can't seem to find any info online or in my repair or parts manuals.

Here is a picture of the right side hole.

Thanks for any and all help in advance!

/ What are these holes for and should they have a bolt in them? #2  
Go back and look at your tractor and see if what you think is the transmission is actually the clutch housing.

/ What are these holes for and should they have a bolt in them?
Yes after looking at it more I believe you are correct that that hole on the under side would be on the bell housing or clutch housing which I think I just found out it is actually a weep hole with a cotter pin in it to allow the oil or water to leak out and not come in contact with the clutch plates and clutch itself n there. Its only about 2 or 3 inches behind where the engine bolts to the clutch housing. Unfortunately I did just put some seal all on it which I now believe was a mistake. Should be easy enough to remove that and open it back up.

The other holes on the sides that line up and you can see through I still have no idea on what those are for though.

/ What are these holes for and should they have a bolt in them? #4  
The cotter key is used to rattle around so the hole des not plug up.

/ What are these holes for and should they have a bolt in them? #5  
Keep the holes open.
There is a type of fly called a mud dobber which loves to fill in holes perhaps in making a nest.
They will plug small hoses as well.
If you dont allow this seepage from the crankshaft seal or the transmission seal to drip out it will accumulate and cause serious clutch problems.
There are often stiffeners incorporated in the casting which have the effect of making compartments inside the casting thus several holes to keep all areas drained.
The use of a cotter key is a smart way to discourage the mud dobbers providing you use the tractor regularly.
Dave M7040