Which oil pan heater for Yanmar sc2400?

/ Which oil pan heater for Yanmar sc2400? #1  

screamin400

Platinum Member
Tractor
2016 Mahindra 2538, 2016 Mahindra 2655, 2017 CaseIH 75C, 2021 CaseIH 110c., 2020 Kubota svl 65-2, 2022 Kubota svl 75-2
I have looked online at Wolverine and they say the pan needs to be flat. I cannot find a very large flat spot. Tractor is a 2012 Yanmar sc2400. I am certain someone out there is using one but want to know what? Thanks

/ Which oil pan heater for Yanmar sc2400? #2  
No idea, but the SC2400 takes a block heater easily enough. I suggest going that route.

3500001 ZeroStart - 350-0001 - Freeze Plug Heater - 400 Watt

sc2400_block_heater.jpg

/ Which oil pan heater for Yanmar sc2400?
Did you put that one in yours? I am not afraid to put one in. Kind of like the idea better myself but was taking the easy way out. How does it work and how long to put in?

/ Which oil pan heater for Yanmar sc2400? #4  
The picture is from a sc2400 that belongs to a coworker of mine, it didn't take him long to install nor was it complicated. It works well from what I hear. I have a different model, but same brand, heater for my LX, that works well. Only an hour so use is needed prior to startup. Before a storm I'll leave the LX block heater plugged in the garage, but breaker off. The morning after a storm I flip the breaker to the garage, drink some coffee, check TBN, then go out and start the tractor. 0 to 20 degree temps are common here.

Edit: I would probably add, some coolant will dribble out when you install the heater, just top off the coolant when you're done. Don't bother draining the whole block unless you're due for a fluid change.

All ordered. Thanks for the help. Sure was quick. I appreciate it.

/ Which oil pan heater for Yanmar sc2400? #6  
Hey no problem, engine block heater questions come up on TBN before every winter - Lucky for us the Yanmar engines are pretty easy and inexpensive to add block heaters too. :thumbsup:

Got the heater and was looking at it today. On my sc2400 there is no place to bolt the heater in. His looks like a direct bolt in? Mine must be different I guess. Not sure. He did not drill for the bolts did he?

/ Which oil pan heater for Yanmar sc2400? #8  
It should bolt into where the red X is, after you remove the freeze plug. No drilling.

sc2400_block_heater_location.jpg

I see what your saying but mine is different. I have no bolt holes.

/ Which oil pan heater for Yanmar sc2400? #10  
Nuts. The bolt holes should already be there. Can you confirm the engine model in your SC2400 and upload a pic of the freeze plug area?