I'm a idiot.....can someone help? Cat D5C hydraulics to 6-way......

/ I'm a idiot.....can someone help? Cat D5C hydraulics to 6-way...... #1  

bswiv

Silver Member
Tractor
CAT D5G, Kubota M8540, KubotaB2700
So I took ALL the hydraulic lines off ( most needed replacing ) from the frame forward and procured the new ones needed. Got it all cleaned up.....was a state forestry fire unit so was a mess!......but neglected to get enough pictures of how the lines went back on.

Was over focused on the fittings and therefore did not get the overall scheme of the lines pictured so that I could get them all back correctly.

Stop laughing and shaking your head and just help me!

1999 D5C........

/ I'm a idiot.....can someone help? Cat D5C hydraulics to 6-way...... #2  
Sorry, I cant help you, but I bet you can find someone. Have you tried to search on line for D5C, looking for Hydraulic line connections ? Only idea that I have.

/ I'm a idiot.....can someone help? Cat D5C hydraulics to 6-way...... #3  
I suspect the information you need is in the operator's and repair manuals. You'll probably need them anyway so, why not order them?

/ I'm a idiot.....can someone help? Cat D5C hydraulics to 6-way...... #4  
Google it on images? Best I can say. ED

/ I'm a idiot.....can someone help? Cat D5C hydraulics to 6-way...... #5  
Join the "happy club".

/ I'm a idiot.....can someone help? Cat D5C hydraulics to 6-way......
I suspect the information you need is in the operator's and repair manuals. You'll probably need them anyway so, why not order them?

I have that........it's not in there......just the basic stuff, no schematics of lines.

/ I'm a idiot.....can someone help? Cat D5C hydraulics to 6-way...... #7  
find a rental place,dealer, or contractor that has one and look at it

/ I'm a idiot.....can someone help? Cat D5C hydraulics to 6-way...... #8  
You have replacement hoses with correct fittings on them? Sort by size of fittings if all same size skip to step two. Sort by length. Begin with furthers fitting in front with longest hose. Do not tighten but put on couple of turns, keep working down towards shortest hose. Unless you have many hoses should be able to work this out. Now I am assuming they are began at common point if not, may not help.

/ I'm a idiot.....can someone help? Cat D5C hydraulics to 6-way...... #9  
It looks like Ring Power has the Cat franchises for your area. Go to the parts counter and tell them your problem. Take model and serials numbers. They should be able to print out the pages you need to get ot all back together. Those pages are really handy!

/ I'm a idiot.....can someone help? Cat D5C hydraulics to 6-way...... #10