Need Help!!

/ Need Help!! #1  

Dual Max

Tractor
Kubota L275 diesel 4wd
I have a Kubota L275 that came with a farm I bought, it has been a good little tractor until last night. I had the headlights on and all of a sudden I had a fire going under the dash so I shut the tractor off and poured water in there and now it acts like there is no juice to the tractor. It melted a wire and plug that goes into the back of the tach and that's all the damages I can see. Does anyone know if there are any fuses or something that could have shorted out? This tractor was built early 80s. Thanks in advance!

/ Need Help!! #2  
Well, the most logical cause is that a wire got rubbed bare and shorted to the chassis somewhere, most likely under the dash.

The only sure solution is to disassemble the dash, sort out all the wiring, repair/replace burned portions as needed and visually check every inch of every wire from source to destination.

Not fun, but more time-consuming than difficult. A decent wiring diagram (preferably in color, easier to follow) will be required.

Do yourself a favor and buy the tools and supplies to DO IT RIGHT THE FIRST TIME. Walmart crimp on connectors and forty yards of vinyl electrical tape are NOT the solution.

If you can't or aren't willing to do that, then pony up the cash to have someone who knows what they're doing fix it. Jury-rigged wiring is nothing but trouble.

/ Need Help!! #3  
:welcome: to TBN
Another possibility for a fire is a rodent could have chewed on wire insulation.

/ Need Help!!
Ok thank you guys I'll see what I can do. Where could I find a good wiring diagram?

/ Need Help!! #6  
You likely have blown a fusible link at the starter post.
It will look like a wire but now the insulation will have puckered up.
Do a google search for "Fusible link" and get informed.
They are used in place of heavy amp fuses in the main power supply to everything except the starter itself.
Dave M7040