Rattle noise from pto kubota l3400

/ Rattle noise from pto kubota l3400 #1  

Cmartinez12

Tractor
Kubota l3400
Today I hooked up my tiller and as soon as I engaged the pto and lowered it to the ground it started making a loud rattling noice.so I turned off pto and tried adjusting the pto cable. I hooked up the shredder and it cuts fine,the noise is coming from under the seat,any ideas gentlemen
thank you Christopher

/ Rattle noise from pto kubota l3400 #2  
Today I hooked up my tiller and as soon as I engaged the pto and lowered it to the ground it started making a loud rattling noice.so I turned off pto and tried adjusting the pto cable. I hooked up the shredder and it cuts fine,the noise is coming from under the seat,any ideas gentlemen
thank you Christopher

I am going to monitor this one, as I have a L3400 myself.

No idea on cause.

Post this in the Kubota forum, might get better results there.

/ Rattle noise from pto kubota l3400 #3  
Do you know if you have the new pto cam or the old over-riding cams? My L2800 has the old over-riding cams and I had to get rid of my tiller. It started to skip and make noise... those old cams can't take it. There were 3 or so people that reported breakage, all with a tiller. I don't know where the cut off is for the L3400 but for my L2800, serial number 55198 and lower has the old style.

EDIT: might be Serial no, 57745 see pdf in this link: http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/...l2800-l3400-pto-making-right-psb-2005-052-pdf That also list L3400 as Serial No. 61733 and up has the new ones.

Last edited:
   / Rattle noise from pto kubota l3400
I have a 1000 hrs on it probably the old one. Tried adjusting the pto cable again today ,and as soon as I lowered the tiller to the ground it started making that horrible rattle again. Still trying to figure it out. Maybe something is broken, I never had any other problems with this tractor.

/ Rattle noise from pto kubota l3400 #7  
PLEASE, let us know what comes of this... I know one day, I'll have to deal with it, Thanks...

EDIT: I added above "...L3400, Serial No. 61733 and up has the new cams..." I got that from post #25 of K0UA's link...

Last edited: