Satoh S630D 4 wheel drive issues

/ Satoh S630D 4 wheel drive issues #1  

Timmy W

Tractor
Mitsubishi Satoh Bull S630D
I recently purchased a Mitsubishi Satoh BullS630D with a Schwartz loader. The trans and hydraulic fluid was changed at purchase but I was just repairing a hydraulic line and the fluid is kinda milky. How do you flush the system complete? Also the 4 wheel selector is stuck in 4 wheel but the front wheels do not spin. Is there a reason for it being locked up? This is my first tractor purchase and plan on using for snow removal and food plots for hunting. Thanks.

/ Satoh S630D 4 wheel drive issues #2  
Milky generally suggests water in the fluid.
Dump and re fill is about the only way I can think of 'flushing'.
Try to locate where the water gets in. (possibly gear shift boot)

That Schwartz loader is a nice rugged unit. (have same on my Mitsu)
As to 'stuck selector', since frt is by design in the 5% faster (lead) than rear, there is a wind up effect that occurs making shifting out of 4wd often difficult.
To relieve that tension, jack up your front end using the loader, that or drive on grass.
You should never drive in 4wd on paved surfaces as that 4 sure created that wind up effect.

Are U sure 4wd is inoperable?
Could be a U joint, crown an pinion in frt or shaft.

To eliminate crown and pinion frt differential, jack up the frt end (loader) and spin one wheel and the other side will spin in opposite direction. That should confirm or eliminate differential problems leaving U=joints as a possible culprit.
Mind you the shifter operates a fork that slips a gear in and out of position to engage frt drive which also could be the problem.
On my Mitsu a simple 5 cent roll pin broke causing the shifter to be inoperable.

Lots of luck, enjoy TBN and post your findings.

/ Satoh S630D 4 wheel drive issues #4  
There should also be a suction screen at the bottom of the transmission/case. Remove it and clean. If it is damaged, Valley Power has new ones.

/ Satoh S630D 4 wheel drive issues
Milky generally suggests water in the fluid.
Dump and re fill is about the only way I can think of 'flushing'.
Try to locate where the water gets in. (possibly gear shift boot)

That Schwartz loader is a nice rugged unit. (have same on my Mitsu)
As to 'stuck selector', since frt is by design in the 5% faster (lead) than rear, there is a wind up effect that occurs making shifting out of 4wd often difficult.
To relieve that tension, jack up your front end using the loader, that or drive on grass.
You should never drive in 4wd on paved surfaces as that 4 sure created that wind up effect.

Are U sure 4wd is inoperable?
Could be a U joint, crown an pinion in frt or shaft.

To eliminate crown and pinion frt differential, jack up the frt end (loader) and spin one wheel and the other side will spin in opposite direction. That should confirm or eliminate differential problems leaving U=joints as a possible culprit.
Mind you the shifter operates a fork that slips a gear in and out of position to engage frt drive which also could be the problem.
On my Mitsu a simple 5 cent roll pin broke causing the shifter to be inoperable.

Lots of luck, enjoy TBN and post your findings.

Thanks , I'll be working on it Saturday and let you know how it does.

/ Satoh S630D 4 wheel drive issues
Alright. I took the bottom side of the transmission off. I think it was taken apart at one point and not assembled correctly. I had to file a tooth on the gear as it had a little damage. I can get the shifter to work now and everything spins up to the front tires. The front tires do turn opposite of each other. The 4 wheel drive still does not work. I was in snow and the tires did not spin. I was able to flush the system with 5 gallons of diesel and draining it. Then used 5 gallons of hydraulic and pumped through machine. That part is perfect. Any ideas on the 4 wheel issues?