Branson 3510 will not go into gear

/ Branson 3510 will not go into gear #1  

newday213

Tractor
Branson 3510
I have a Branson 3510 which will not go into Gear either forward or reverse. Everything else works fine. I checked the linkage and it looks like it is order. I drove it up here five days ago. It ran just fine. What could it be. Thank you

/ Branson 3510 will not go into gear #2  
Hi. Welcome.

There are a lot of Branson owners here to help.

/ Branson 3510 will not go into gear #3  
Have you tried to move the tractor manually by just inches to get the gears to line up? I have a 3520h where sometimes the H-M-L selector doesn't quite line up and it's solved quickly by engaging the transmission very slightly to line up the gears.

/ Branson 3510 will not go into gear #4  
Is this a shuttle tractor?

I only have experience with shuttle machines, but as mentioned, the H/L shifters slip out of gear sometimes.

Do you mean the shifter won't go into gear, or it engages but the tractor won't move?

/ Branson 3510 will not go into gear #5  
Clutch plate stuck to flywheel ? See if you can put it in gear BEFORE starting the engine with the clutch depressed . WARNING the tractor may jump forward or rearward (depending on the gear selected) when you crank it if it is a stuck clutch plate .

/ Branson 3510 will not go into gear
Is this a shuttle tractor?

I only have experience with shuttle machines, but as mentioned, the H/L shifters slip out of gear sometimes.

Do you mean the shifter won't go into gear, or it engages but the tractor won't move?
This is not a shuttle tractor. The gearshift lever moves into the required position (Forward Nuteral or reverse ) but the tractor won't move in any position. It does not seem to engage. brought the fluids up to date and changed the Hydraulic filter, made sure the speed selector lever is not in nuteral have tried in 1n,2,3 but to no avail. thank you for your imput

/ Branson 3510 will not go into gear #7  
Check your 2 wheel drive to 4 wheel drive lever. It can go to a neutral position.

/ Branson 3510 will not go into gear #8  
How many hours on it? I'm going through 1000 hours on my Branson and it's just now limbering up where I can move from function to function and change with ease. Never had a new tractor before this one. Don't know if this is to be expected or not but the Koreans must use really tight tolerances on their machines because this sucker is tight. My 4wd engage was the tightest. To help move things in the interim, I found that sometimes being in a gear then attempting to move to the other, idle rpms when shifting, watching that you are not on a hill and have the gears locked....like getting your automatic transmission lever in your truck out of Park on a steep hill sort of thing, being in or not in 4wd, PTO on or off sort of things, rolling slightly in one direction or the other.

/ Branson 3510 will not go into gear #9  
Clutch plate stuck to flywheel ? See if you can put it in gear BEFORE starting the engine with the clutch depressed . WARNING the tractor may jump forward or rearward (depending on the gear selected) when you crank it if it is a stuck clutch plate .

Is the tractor stored out side in the rain? I once had to split a 4020 because rain water had dripped onto the clutch and glued it to the flywheel. Also had to pull the clutch on a 750 Massey combine for the same reason.

/ Branson 3510 will not go into gear
Check your 2 wheel drive to 4 wheel drive lever. It can go to a neutral position.

Got it fixed that was the problem thanks appreciated the help.