Outrageous shipping. Rant

/ Outrageous shipping. Rant #21  
Many if not most sellers go the flat rate route and use carriers that will pick up in order to avoid extra salaries.
UPS pick up and flat rate boxes becomes the norm.
The seller wants to avoid having a clerk weigh, calculate wrap and drive to the post office and perhaps even vehicle expenses.
Not to count inventory of boxes, bubble wrap and misc supplies.

By and large the post office is generally the cheapest method.

/ Outrageous shipping. Rant #22  
Never was I given a choice. And I didn't need it fast nor did I request it. These parts are gonna sit for another 3 weeks or so til I get the engine block, crank, and head back from the machine shop

Just wondering. If your head is at the machine shop, why are you ordering mail order valve stem seals? Why not let the machine shop supply them and assemble your head?

/ Outrageous shipping. Rant #23  
I just killed a deal where 100$ worth of goodies out of the eastern seaboard of the US was gonna cost me 100$ in shipping the total weight was 4 lbs and would fit in a 12" square box. SCREW that. IF that price included customs duties and Canadian taxes, then maybe I would go for it, but it doesn't. So I get to pay duty on top of the 100$ shipping. And those prices are in US $$ so add another 35% for the exchange on the buck, so now we are up to $270. for the parts + shipping and still have to pay duty and Canadian sales taxes. That would bring the cost of the parts to almost $400..oo$ for the pair. That aint gonna happen.

/ Outrageous shipping. Rant
Just wondering. If your head is at the machine shop, why are you ordering mail order valve stem seals? Why not let the machine shop supply them and assemble your head?

Shop is only grinding seats and checking stem to guide clearance with the new valve. I am assembling the head for the same reasons I am assembling the block....because I can and because its cheaper

/ Outrageous shipping. Rant #25  
I just killed a deal where 100$ worth of goodies out of the eastern seaboard of the US was gonna cost me 100$ in shipping the total weight was 4 lbs and would fit in a 12" square box. SCREW that. IF that price included customs duties and Canadian taxes, then maybe I would go for it, but it doesn't. So I get to pay duty on top of the 100$ shipping. And those prices are in US $$ so add another 35% for the exchange on the buck, so now we are up to $270. for the parts + shipping and still have to pay duty and Canadian sales taxes. That would bring the cost of the parts to almost $400..oo$ for the pair. That aint gonna happen.

I hear ya, and agree with you also but, don't forget,, you pay duty and taxes on $100.00 and on this side of the border, we have zip all, it's sad that "we" here in Canada have to order from the US because we either don't have it or its too dam expensive. Most of the things I order from the US (including exchange, duty and taxes) is still cheaper than here.

/ Outrageous shipping. Rant #26  
What I found in a few places is I want one item even if is very lite for $1 and the shipping is $5. If I buy 2 shipping is $10. If I buy 10 shipping is $50 etc. They charge the full individual shipping no matter how many you buy and it all comes in one small pack. You have to read the fine print from these gougers.

/ Outrageous shipping. Rant #27  
99 percent of the things I order online are on Amazon and if it is not "prime" I don't order it. You have to love that free prime shipping. Yes it is 99 bucks a year, but unfortunately I order enough things online to make it worth it. I would suggest that Prime is payed for in about a month. Of course the prime streaming service is nice too.

/ Outrageous shipping. Rant #28  
For me, if I can't get purchases sent by USPS (i.e. not UPS, FedEx, DHL etc.) then I don't buy. There is always another seller around that will accommodate the buyer.
Canadian companies wonder why we buy elsewhere - price gouging pure and simple.

/ Outrageous shipping. Rant #29  
99 percent of the things I order online are on Amazon and if it is not "prime" I don't order it. You have to love that free prime shipping. Yes it is 99 bucks a year, but unfortunately I order enough things online to make it worth it. I would suggest that Prime is payed for in about a month. Of course the prime streaming service is nice too.

I'm with you on Amazon Prime. That's the best way to go for me. If one orders from companies like HF, you sure have to be careful. The $6.99 shipping is not valid on every item they list on their fliers. And if it isn't - you best plan on picking up the item or get scalped. It seems NT has gone ballistic on shipping. They've killed my online purchasing from them.

Surely those companies give us online buyers credit for considering total delivered cost? Or maybe they're just betting on the odds of people not caring how much things cost...

/ Outrageous shipping. Rant #30  
The bad thing is I don't even remember all the details of the call

I was wanting more than just the valve stem seals. But some of the parts they couldn't get or were out of. I literally ordered parts from about 6 different places to get all I needed.

Starter, valve seals, overhaul kit, oil filter adapter, ignition switch, shopanual, etc. Was a hectic morning when I ordered.
Sounds to me like you better get rid of the orange to save your green and your headaches!