Stuck clutch solution

/ Stuck clutch solution #1  

kossetx

Platinum Member
Tractor
NH TC 40 A, AC 5020
Howdy All,

Many years since I posted. The clutch on my '06 tc40 was stuck for a month or so. I tried many remedies and I'm going to go through them all.

1. Block the clutch for a few weeks, no help.
2. Wiggle it into gear and bury the bucket with the clutch depressed. That just dug ruts that were hard to get out of because I couldn't wiggle into gear because I was in a rut. Again, no help
3. not enough chain to tie up to a tree to jerk it while going forward, so that was out.
4. Run it into a tree with the clutch depressed. Dented my bucket and dug more ruts that were hard to get out of and barked the tree. That just made me mad and sorry.

The solution? I was able to wiggle it into gear in low range. I did that and drove to a downhill run. While on the slope I was able to get it into high range first gear and get going. I had the clutch blocked and turned on the shreader. I had a lot of tall dead grass and I started mowing. After a little more than 2 hours the tractor stopped moving. The clutch had freed itself and I got a lot of mowing done.

Hope this helps someone in the future.

Adios, mp

/ Stuck clutch solution #2  
So far getting one running and being able to drive it has always worked for me...