Need to replace Kubota front tires

/ Need to replace Kubota front tires #1  

jodebg

Platinum Member
Tractor
Kubota B-2650
I need to replace my 4 ply, 24 x 8.50 x 14" c/s turf tires on my Kubota B7800. Are these made by Carlisle-I don't see a makers name??

Who makes a good quality replacement tire and where is a good place to purchase these tires?

Can this size tire be changed with the Harbor Freight tire changer?

Appreciate any suggestions...thanks.

/ Need to replace Kubota front tires #2  
I need to replace my 4 ply, 24 x 8.50 x 14" c/s turf tires on my Kubota B7800. Are these made by Carlisle-I don't see a makers name??

Who makes a good quality replacement tire and where is a good place to purchase these tires?

Can this size tire be changed with the Harbor Freight tire changer?

Appreciate any suggestions...thanks.

I have the HF tire changer but don't use it all that much any more. I did buy some HF tire irons. They're the longer flat bars and bought a couple of spoon (round bar w/flat on the end) type from Northern Tool. Get some tire mounting compound (soap) from Gemplers or wherever. I buy it in the 5 gal. cans. Learn to get both side beads broke loose from the rim and get the side your not working down in the deep part of the wheel and then start the side (I do the stem side first) off the wheel. Use a mixture of Dawn or whatever liquid dish soap in a squirt bottle or a can to pour around the bead. Lubricate, is the name of the game when dismounting and mounting. I do also have a air tank called a "Bead Cheeta" to set the beads when mounting, it works really good. So, yeah you can do your own tire work, just learn to use the tire irons and you'll be surprised at what you can do. Oh yeah, I also have collected several duck bill tire hammers they come in handy as well. bjr