OBDII / ABS Scan Tools - Wifi powered Iphone

/ OBDII / ABS Scan Tools - Wifi powered Iphone
I want to add one more comment / question. The scanners are pretty unclear on what the transmit. The software is even worse onsaying what it accepts...

This is what the Veepeek says

Recommend APP: DashCommand, Engine Link, EOBD Facile, OBD Fusion, OBD Car Doctor for iOS (on iTunes) and Torque Lite/Pro for Android (on Google Play).

Support OBD II Protocols
SAE J1850 PWM (41.6 Kbaud)
SAE J1850 VPW (10.4 Kbaud)
ISO 9141-2 (5 baud init, 10.4 Kbaud)
ISO14230-4 KWP (5 baud init, 10.4 Kbaud)
ISO14230-4 KWP (fast init, 10.4 Kbaud)
ISO15765-4 CAN (11bit ID, 500 Kbaud)
ISO15765-4 CAN (29bit ID, 500 Kbaud)
ISO15765-4 CAN (11bit ID, 250 Kbaud)
ISO15765-4 CAN (29bit ID, 250 Kbaud)

And this is what the software i bought says

OBD-II Hardware compatibility:
- ELM compatible WiFi
- GoPoint GL1 (hardwired) or BT1 (Bluetooth)

This seems to be the standard level of info, very confusing. and you have to set settings when you launch the ap so it gets confusing on wether the thing is or is not working or you have the wrong settings.

/ OBDII / ABS Scan Tools - Wifi powered Iphone #12  
   / OBDII / ABS Scan Tools - Wifi powered Iphone
ae, as long as you are using and android or windows based platform you should be fine. If it is a mac / ios platform the bluetooth is not recommended although one person here I think had good luck with it.

/ OBDII / ABS Scan Tools - Wifi powered Iphone #14  
I did notice that. I be Android. Just seemed too cheap to NOT try.

/ OBDII / ABS Scan Tools - Wifi powered Iphone #15  
I use the u-scan from summit racing, but with android. Thinking I have 200 total in it and it will do pretty much anything I need, except turn on things (like fuel pump) when a code comes up will give suggestions for most common fixes. Would've cost a little less if I just had purchased for upgrades for 1 vehicle but got it for all vehicles since I do most of the wrenching on the families beaters.

/ OBDII / ABS Scan Tools - Wifi powered Iphone #16  
I have an OBDII question if any of you know. I have a new Mahindra 1538 coming and I know it has diagnostic plugs under the hood. Does anyone know if tractors are OBDII compliant so OBDII scanners like I have will work on the tractor too? One of my scanners will do CAN too. I'm just wondering. I wish the thing would get here already.

/ OBDII / ABS Scan Tools - Wifi powered Iphone #17  
While I don't know, I doubt *very* much that it is OBDII. CAN devices are not cheap, and CAN licensing is even more expensive. They have no reason to conform to a standard. They can just develop whatever works for them. My worthless $0.02.

/ OBDII / ABS Scan Tools - Wifi powered Iphone #18  
While I don't know, I doubt *very* much that it is OBDII. CAN devices are not cheap, and CAN licensing is even more expensive. They have no reason to conform to a standard. They can just develop whatever works for them. My worthless $0.02.

That's too bad. While everything on the highway since 1996 must be OBDII or CAN compatible I guess tractors aren't. I was hoping that the tractor makers would also conform if for no other reason than economy of scale. It costs a ton more to do your own thing rather than just adapt to a popular existing industry standard. It rarely ever pays to reinvent the wheel. It's like building or buying a gun that has to use bastard ammo.

/ OBDII / ABS Scan Tools - Wifi powered Iphone #19  
I'm pretty certain most manufacturers are going to keep their diagnostics proprietary. Kubota on their new M7 tractors are using an ISO plug like heavy duty trucks, but I doubt you'll be able to do anything without their K-OBD software.

Brian