Injection pump lube dilution

/ Injection pump lube dilution #1  

larso1

Gold Member
Tractor
Iseki TS1610F 4x4
Good morning all!

I have a grey market Iseki TS1610F that is running pretty good. However, I have never checked the injection pump lube oil before. This last weekend I located the upper oil level and drain screws on the body of the pump and decided it was probably time to drain and change the oil. The manual says to use engine oil. Well, I opened the upper level screw to see if there had been sufficient lube and a fair amount came running out like water. So, I assume diesel fuel has leaked into the pump camshaft case. I drained it all and refilled to the proper level with fresh oil. Should I be concerned about this, or is it likely the former Japanese owner never changed the injector pump oil? I guess I'll continue running it as is and keep a close eye on the level. If it does indicate some level of rebuild, is this expensive? I have a local diesel injection service that could probably do the job since they adjusted my injectors (and charged me nothing!). Thenks for any insight,

Bill in CO

/ Injection pump lube dilution #2  
Could be a seal out. I would keep an eye on it and drain it out in a fairly short interval and check it for quality and quantity. If diesel is getting in there you will get out more than you put in.

/ Injection pump lube dilution #3  
there should be a breather on there some place so it doesn't over-pressure and blow out a seal someplace. mine leaks a bit too and it takes about 35 ~40 hrs and it will be pretty thinn. but since it is only about 1/2pint of oil total I just been draining and refilling it. keep a close eye on it and make sure if it does over flow to pull and drain it again. that has been my way anyhow . fuel does lube but not as well as the oil it should have. that being said hopefully I can get a new pump someday and simply replace it as a rebuiild I though aws way to much and aws more than new pump and shipping charges!

Mark M /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

/ Injection pump lube dilution
Slowrev and Spiker,
Thanks for your replies. Spiker, I'm glad someone else is experiencing this. What you're saying about slight leakage makes sense to me and I suspect since these pumps run at such high pressures there is going to be some leakage. There is a breather at the top of the unit and that is where the pump is filled. If it was never drained previously, I think it is doing OK. I'll definitely keep an eye on it. It was not totally full or leaking out the breather so I'll keep my fingers crossed. Thanks again,

Bil in CO