Ford 2000 lcg Select-o-speed

/ Ford 2000 lcg Select-o-speed #11  
low oil that was cavitating maybee.. that or a high pressure leak....

/ Ford 2000 lcg Select-o-speed
That'swhat I was pondering. What type of ttransmission fluid would you suggest using? I andwould refilling the oil help with the clutch? Sorry for all the questions I'vebeen trying to research without much success

/ Ford 2000 lcg Select-o-speed #13  
Awhile ago an elderly neighbor of mine gave my and my brother her past husband's Ford 2000 lcg, we got it running recently but found the selecto speed cable was broken an had to open the transmission cover to get it out of gear (clutch isn't working) while running but smoke was pouring out of the transmission checking the Trans fluid there wasn't any on the stick. I was hoping to be put in the right direction on how to get this thing moving again

I have a hard time believing it is a factory built 2000 SOS- i have a factory brochure from 1967 that says the SOS was only available on 3000 and up sized Fords

Maybe someone swapped some parts?

/ Ford 2000 lcg Select-o-speed #14  
I have a hard time believing it is a factory built 2000 SOS- i have a factory brochure from 1967 that says the SOS was only available on 3000 and up sized Fords

Maybe someone swapped some parts?

That is possible. My Son has an older model Ford that was built as a SOS. In it's history someone swapped it to a 5 speed. Only way you can tell is the hole is still in the steering column sheet metal where the SOS used to reside. :)

/ Ford 2000 lcg Select-o-speed #15  
Ford would build whatever you wanted, very likely.

SOS was avails le in 59+ models, thus X01 series.

SOS do not have a regular clutch. The have an inching pedal.

Oil is a utf meeting the m2c134 spec.

How about a pic of tho mystery machine, plus the model I'd and date code from the bellhousing flat, aft of the starter. Time to cut out some of the guessing.

/ Ford 2000 lcg Select-o-speed
These photos are at the elderly neighbors house before we moved it to my friends property

/ Ford 2000 lcg Select-o-speed #18  
Wow - That may be a fairly rare tractor! I have never seen what appears to be a factory 2000 with a select o speed and 4 cylinder maybe an early predecessor to the 1965 model using the english Super Dexta and the date code suggest 10/17/1963

VERY INTERESTING -will dig out my history of Ford tractors book and see if there is a reference to this model but I just don't remember seeing anything quite like it.

Found 1 picture of a 2000 gas from the book but the spark plugs are on the opposite side? It also says almost all were diesel powered.
a Gas LCG SOS is very rare I think

I would do some research on your new machine - I think that is a Very Very collectible Ford

Soundguy has a wealth of old Ford tractor Knowledge -much more than mine
His input may help figure this out

Last edited:
   / Ford 2000 lcg Select-o-speed #19  
Trans I'd number will tell all.

63-64 started the 4cyl 000 series, plus there were industrials.

/ Ford 2000 lcg Select-o-speed #20  
Ps, gas red tigers have spark plugs on the right side