1910 split

/ 1910 split #1  

Keemow

Tractor
New holland1910&1715
Splitting my 1910 ford 4 wheel drive between transmission &differencial auxzillery shaft is pulling out of trans!That shaft runs though differencial all the way to rear pto where it separates. Seem ltshould release there and exist front of diff.Any Lincoln appreciated!

/ 1910 split #2  
That setup sounds different from what I'd expect to see. I have a 1210 and the driveshaft to the front diff got sloppy (end to end movement) years ago and made a lot of vibration noise. It worked its way forward and then there was too much play in the rear splined connection. I centered the shaft assembly and secured it to the front only with a roll pin to keep it centered. That was back in the mid-90's and it's been fine ever since.

I've split my 1210 a couple times and it wasn't extremely difficult. Biggest thing is to make sure both halves are supported very well. On the little 1210 that meant bolting a "kickstand" to the side of the trans housing for the back part and suspending the front from a comealong hanging on a hook in the garage rafter. The front gets really floppy with the wheels being able to turn.

I stripped hood, fuel tank, battery, etc. before splitting it. The electrical was mostly plug-n-play IIRC and hydraulics were banjo fittings.