Kubota BX2200 -- Oil blowing out of air cleaner

/ Kubota BX2200 -- Oil blowing out of air cleaner #1  

StewPididiot

Tractor
Kubota BX2200
Hi everyone. I recently bought a property and acquired a Kubota BX2200 as part of the deal. It has about 400 hours on it. So far it has run well for the few hours I have used it, only needing some hydraulic lines for the front end loader.
Today I started it for the first time in about 4 months. It ran well for 5 minutes or so, then when I was driving it I started to see an unusual amount of smoke from the exhaust, and oil started to pour out of the engine area, and even near my left foot from the battery compartment.

When I popped open the hood I could see fluid was spitting out of the air cleaner area, and when the filter is removed there is a small pool of oil there. The engine oil is in need of a change and is fairly dark right now. This oil is fresh and clean and seems more like hydraulic fluid. I'm a gearhead, but I am a car guy. This seems bizarre. Any suggestions?

/ Kubota BX2200 -- Oil blowing out of air cleaner
I thought I would at least add a theory on this since it seems so weird. Before I used the tractor today I had to remove the battery and charge it for a while because it was dead. My guess is that I bumped a somewhat fragile, old power steering line, which runs on the left side of the unit, right near the battery. Coincidentally, the air intake for the air filter is also very close to those hydraulic lines.

My guess is that there is a broken power steering line chugging hydraulic fluid out somewhere near the air intake. Since the air intake is generating suction when the engine is running it might be pulling in the fluid. That's causing the engine to pour out smoke as it burns hydraulic fluid. I think when I shut the engine, it off because it has sucked in so much hydraulic oil, when the suction ends upon motor shutdown the fluid leaks back out of the filter housing, causing it to appear as though hydraulic fluid is coming out of the air filter.

Any other thoughts\comments\guesses appreciated.

/ Kubota BX2200 -- Oil blowing out of air cleaner #3  
Sounds like you got it going, now just dig in and get down to where you can see it.

/ Kubota BX2200 -- Oil blowing out of air cleaner
Incredibly the hoses run so close to the air intake that my guess is correct. This seems like a terrible design. Regardless, I intend to replace all 4 hoses that run in this area. If anyone has a link or any information on how to install the 4 power steering hoses I would be grateful. The two front ones look relatively easy. The two that run to the back look like they are much more difficult.

/ Kubota BX2200 -- Oil blowing out of air cleaner #5  
I replaced the two that run to the rear, and some time later, I replaced the two that run to the front. It's not too hard, just time consuming. I replaced one at a time just so I didn't get confused where they go under the dash. It's been a long time ago, I did remove the left rear tire to get to the fitting, but can't remember if I had to remove the floor pan.