water in oil

/ water in oil #1  

alpha

Bronze Member
Tractor
Jinma 354
I had a post about foaming hydraulic fluids and i checked my hyd. oil after a few days and the foam comes from water. turns out we had a rain storm while I was at work, not alot but enough(had the tank lid off to clean it out). how in the heck can i get it all out. drained the tank of course but how about the fel and back hoe?

/ water in oil #2  
I'd drain all the oil, then fill it back up, run it for a while then change it again. The first drain should get the majority of it. Second will get anything that is left.

/ water in oil #3  
The water will eventually all settle to the bottom at the drain plug. If you keep draining, and adding, til only oil comes out, you should be ok. Water in suspension anywhere in the system should all settle out. Just keep at it.

/ water in oil #4  
Seafoam makes a transtune flush product. Claims to de-water hyd systems.. 'add to hyd sump.. run for x minutes.. then drain'.

My guess is it is a polar solvent addative... dissolves suspended water for better transport.... etc..

I'm not endorsing the product.. just mentioning it.. stop buy an auto counter and read the label see if it does what you want..

Soundguy

/ water in oil
yep it's what the doctor ordered. thanks Sound Guy for the tip. good thing walmart has 5 gal. pails of hyd. oil cheap! will use it tommorow and change the oil again. changed it today and got some foam. made darn sure to work all the valves. ie back hoe up down side to side extended ect ect. Sea Foam has a web site that covers hydraulic use.

/ water in oil #6  
I figured it was going to be the ticket.. I think you can even use it 'prophylactically'..

Soundguy