Forget tractor supply , prices are nuts

/ Forget tractor supply , prices are nuts #41  
Gotta ask, does Chinese plastic smell any different than American plstic?

What does expensive plastic smell like?
Yes. Its lead fumes I think.

/ Forget tractor supply , prices are nuts #42  
It's the rubber tires that smell. I have a 2 wheel cart that I store in the basement occasionally, and it then smells like HF down there. It's not just Chinese rubber that smells that way. When my son was into Legos, the tires in those kits smell very similar.
BTW, did you know who makes the most tires in the world? Legos. They make more than twice as many as the next largest tire manufacturer. And they are not made in China. If you look at them closely, they are very much like full sized tires, just smaller versions.

/ Forget tractor supply , prices are nuts #43  
It's the rubber tires that smell. I have a 2 wheel cart that I store in the basement occasionally, and it then smells like HF down there. It's not just Chinese rubber that smells that way. When my son was into Legos, the tires in those kits smell very similar.
BTW, did you know who makes the most tires in the world? Legos. They make more than twice as many as the next largest tire manufacturer. And they are not made in China. If you look at them closely, they are very much like full sized tires, just smaller versions.
Rubber smells. Plastic smells.

,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Check the wire wrap on the mig welders, plasma cutters etc; then wash your hands.

/ Forget tractor supply , prices are nuts #44  
I find their prices a little high also and limit what I buy from them. However I can't find cheaper Bolts and nuts anywhere else where I live. Buying bolts online is more or less out of range by time shipping is added. Fastenal is where I buy bolts that TSC don't carry.

I bought some galvanized hardware from here recently - https://www.nutty.com/. Even with shipping, I saved about $70 over what it would have cost me to get it locally. It took about a week to get here but I didn't need it was all for a planned job so I could afford the time to wait on it.

/ Forget tractor supply , prices are nuts #45  
I bought some galvanized hardware from here recently - https://www.nutty.com/. Even with shipping, I saved about $70 over what it would have cost me to get it locally. It took about a week to get here but I didn't need it was all for a planned job so I could afford the time to wait on it.

Thanks a lot for the tip. I'm going to buy from them the next time I have a list. I checked on their prices and shipping and all in line with the way I buy bolts. I try to keep stocked up and usually buy a bunch when I go shopping. Free shipping for $100 or more. $7.95 shipping for less than $100. I'm always around the hundred dollar mark so this way I could get them brought to me. I hate going to get stocked up and they might be short of a certain size and its always the size you use the most, might be why they're short of that particular size.:)

Only takes about 20-25 lbs to reach that $100 mark. example: 50pcs - 5/16-18 X 1 1/2" = 2.2 lbs.

/ Forget tractor supply , prices are nuts #46  
I broke a snow plow trip spring last heavy snow. Checked NAPA $25.49, Advanced Auto Parts $19.49 and TSC $12.99 All were aftermarket, same company and part number.

I needed some hay wagon wheel bearings and races last year and bought them for $12.50 a wheel mail order, shipping included, from a farm parts store. They were not Chinese bearings but USA and Japan mix. NAPA was over $40 a wheel and only wanted to give me the standard farm bureau 15% off. Had them in two days mail order and saved 45 round trip miles.

/ Forget tractor supply , prices are nuts #47  
I just wish they would build a rural king closer to me.

Marion is the closest. Still ~45-50 minute haul.

Can be to 2 different TSC's in about 30 min, and one in the town we normally do all our other shopping

Marion is a nice, clean, well-stocked store. Huber Heights is an avoid and are often out of stock on merchandise. Every store can be a little different. I have had great results with them. First class.

/ Forget tractor supply , prices are nuts #48  
Funny, I ended up at Rural King today for Mobil 1 oil.