Broke front hub

/ Broke front hub #22  
On my Kubota B2620, I broke the left front hub. I don't know what exactly caused the failure but nothing a thousand dollars can't fix.
View attachment 458257View attachment 458258View attachment 458259

Michigan insurance is so expensive (I know you know) that I carry a 1000 deductible on my equipment (my tractors are a tad bigger than yours....). I caught a door glass on the edge of the barn door and shattered it (kubota has one piece curved door glass). $900 for a new door glass... I bought it. If I had a sane deductible on my farm policy, I would not be able to insure everything.... In Michigan, the insurance poor state.

/ Broke front hub
Oh yah your tractors are a tad bigger. I wouldn't insure my tractor. It would cost too much. But a full loss on mine vs yours is a BIG difference.

/ Broke front hub
I had a great time on my sailboat and miss sailing but I don't miss the $$$$.

/ Broke front hub #25  
Definition of Boat--"A hole in the water surrounded by wood in which you throw money"

/ Broke front hub
JerrK, Vanderbilt, heh? I did some computer work for the folks at Pigeon River Country State Forest office as well as many other State Forest offices before I retired.

/ Broke front hub #27  
Oh yah your tractors are a tad bigger. I wouldn't insure my tractor. It would cost too much. But a full loss on mine vs yours is a BIG difference.

Actually, the insurance of the tractors and implements is pretty cheap, maybe a couple hundred a year at most. It's the cars and the truck and the houses and the motorcycles that cost. I have Hastings Mutual btw.

Tractors, hay and tillage equipment are acv insured. I think the value is around 300 grand total. It's the deductible that hurts. I have to carry insurance, one, it's a business, 2, I drive on public roads with my equipment and 3, I have at least one implement that is financed, in that case a new NH net/twine computer round baler. I rotate equipment on a 3 year basis (except for the tractors. I have 2 good ones now, both are keepers, both are pre-tier 4.

No wind boat here. Motorcycles instead. MOTORCYCLES as in plural.

In Michigan under RTF, unlike a normal policy, your insurer cannot cancel you for multiple claims in a 3 year time frame. With a normal policy, an insurer can cancel you for 3 claims in a 3 year period.

/ Broke front hub #28  
So you had plenty. Just wondering out loud. Why you spose it happened?

That depends. The loaded tires don't take weight off the front axle, and some blades really aren't light enough to provide proper counter-weight.

/ Broke front hub #29  
Sorry man, and just before snowageedon hit, makes it even worse :( Oh well, I'll be thinking about your sitting while I'm out getting seat time clearing the drive. FWIW, I snapped the left front on mine but can't remember exactly when that was, the pain dulls with time ;)

/ Broke front hub #30  
JerrK, Vanderbilt, heh? I did some computer work for the folks at Pigeon River Country State Forest office as well as many other State Forest offices before I retired.

I'm actually west of Vandy up in the Watson Hills... out in the woods.... Used to live downstate... now I just visit.. Until I can't stomach the commotion any more and have to beat feet back up to God's Country. :)